PDA

View Full Version : Sturmer's new knees

JerryInLodi
07-09-2008, 07:19 PM
My good fishing buddy, Sturmer White, 78 years, called me on Wednesday. He told me he was being discharged from the hospital after surgery, having both of his knees replaced for a second time.

I could tell he would have much rather have been on the delta but the sad news is that his doctor told him he was not to put any extended weight on the knees for six weeks and if he screwed that up, it would extend to twelve weeks.

Now for those of you that don't know him, Sturmer is a fishing fanatic. Twelve weeks without a rod in his hand is probably just about enough to drive him stir crazy.

The only benefit I can see is that he'll probably sit at his fly tying desk, creating God knows what in the way of striper and LMB flies. A second benefit is that he gives a good number of them to me!

I'm sure Sturmer will be on-line soon when not tying or at physical therapy. He could use some bucking up. Post some good fish stories with pictures. Send him some e-mails. Let him know we haven't forgotten him.

For myself, I can't wait till he's back in my boat, throwing 90 foot casts and switching flies every 15 minutes regardless of whether the pattern's working or not.

SturmerWhite@surewest.net

GET HEALED QUICK STURMER!!! THE FISH MISS YOU!!!

http://www.deltastripers.com/images/IMG_69.jpg
http://www.deltastripers.com/images/sturmer.jpg

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-10-2008, 07:55 AM
I remember the last time he had his knees replaced.

Sturmer is a true "outdoorsman".

Hairstacker
07-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Sturmer, I sent you an e-mail. Wish you the best getting through this!

paulegan81
07-11-2008, 08:24 PM
hey talked th sturm and he said they only did one of his knees and they will have to do the other in the winter he said jan and feb would be good cuz he dosn't fish much then he is reely bummed about beeing out of the game with all the action going on now......
i had the pleasure of taking him on his last trip before the operation and we had a great time I regret not geting the camera out and getting some picks to post we caught lots of fish nothing big some around 22" or so hope we can all get down to see him soon
I cant wait to fish with him again

Paul

Sturmer White
07-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Hey Guys
Thanks for the kind words..
Yeah ! I am home and doing ok if you don't mind not fishing.OUCH!
I spent today wrapping a sweet little 4 wt. blank that I bought from L3 Rods.
( Larry Lee ) It has top of the line cork,guides and reel seat. Can't wait to give it a test run.
Maybe I should try it on those Delta Stripers in October. LOL!

:lol: