PDA

View Full Version : Surfs up

Scott V
07-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Spent Saturday with Mark at the beach. Mark took me out for my first surf fishing experience. I had an absolute blast, mainly because I miss the beach so much. We started at Stinson with nothing to be found. Then he took me up above Point Reyes to a nice little beach that requires a 3/4 mile hike into, it was a real easy hike. We go there and the fog was in making it a real cool temp. I got my first bite in about 10 minutes, it was not a fish but a crab. And then about 15 minutes later, another crab, to bad they were to small to keep. But then about 40 or so minutes later I got my first red tail surf perch. I could have not been happier and I can not wait to go again.

Thanks much Mark for a great time on the beach.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/PsychoZ/IMGP0652.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/PsychoZ/IMGP0653.jpg

Ed Wahl
07-07-2008, 05:13 PM
So to summarize, you spent the day at the coast and caught crabs. :lol: Ed

Darian
07-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Kinda reminds me of the motto of Millie's Crab Shack (near Clear Lake). "Eat here and get Crabs." :unibrow: :unibrow: :unibrow:

k.hanley
07-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Nice to see you hitting the suds Scotty. Mark is indeed a good guy. Congrats on your first perch. Stay safe out there. =D>
Cheers, Ken

Mr. Noodle Rod
07-09-2008, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys! WTG on landing your first redtail on a fly, Scott. Hopefully, the fish will be more cooperative the next time out.

Mark

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-09-2008, 07:51 AM
I have wanted to do that surf fly fishing on our coast for a long time but just have not made it over there.

Ken Hanley, Jay Murakoshi and others have really promoted it.

I would like to go like Scott did with someone who knows how.

Great photos Scott.

Maybe we can have a BB outting over there some day?

Scott V
07-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Bill you really need to get out and try it. I plan on going back the first weekend of August, hopefully Mark will be able to join me again.