PDA

View Full Version : Go south on Hwy 395 now

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-05-2008, 04:40 PM
One of our Reps, Jason Lozano, said he works the area down south on the Eastern Sierras in July.

He said they have lots of great fly fishing down there right now.

East Carson, East Walker, Hot Creek, Owens River.....

Ed Wahl
07-05-2008, 09:29 PM
I'll be down by Bishop next week. I'd like to get my Golden Trout done for the Heritage Trout, does anyone have any advice? Ed

Mike Stroud
07-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Hey Ed, You can try up by Lundy Lake, or try Tamarack Lake. I was at Tamarack Lake a couple days ago. Nice hike, about 4 miles, from Lower Twin Campground on Robinson Creek. You can have the lake to yourself... with all those Goldens...

Flyjunkie
07-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Actually if you want a Golden for the HTC, you'll have to fish within the Drainage of the South Fork Kern river...

You can get Goldens on the Eastern Sierra, but they are not Native to that area so it won't be applicable to the Heritage Trout Shindig..

Mik
07-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Stroud...I might give Tamarack a shot when I am at Twin Lakes in August. Are you fishing from shore or do you hike in a tube? Also, are the fish picky?

Mike Stroud
07-08-2008, 06:04 AM
It's a nice hike. I have always fished from shore, but often thought it would be real nice in a float tube. Go see Jim, the campground host at Lower Twin Campground and he'll direct you to Tamarack Lake.