PDA

View Full Version : Hundreds Of Threatened Salmon Rescued

Scott V
07-03-2008, 11:23 AM
CHICO, Calif. -- State Department of Fish and Game crews have rounded up more than 300 stray salmon and returned them to their rightful spawning path.

The migrating spring-run salmon are supposed to swim up Butte Creek Canyon to find cold water in which to spawn in the fall.

But the threatened fish got stuck in two pools just west of Highway 99. Rescue crews on Wednesday used nets to capture the fish one-by-one and drive them to the canyon.

Department of Fish and Game officials said the cold water fish probably would have died in the pools when the water got too warm.

Authorities said they rescued the fish because there are fewer salmon returning to the Central Valley this year.

Maybe all those stripers we rescued in the delta should have disguised themselves as salmon. They might have got more help from the goverment.

Mrs.Finsallaround
07-03-2008, 02:16 PM

Authorities said they rescued the fish because there are fewer salmon returning to the Central Valley this year.

They should have rescued them regardless of their return statistics! ](*,)

I HATE Stupid People! :\

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-03-2008, 10:52 PM
About 50 years ago CA DF&G had a "Fish Rescue Division".

Joe Patterson use to work in that department.

Darian
07-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Robin,.... Lighten up. The regular DFG staff probably would've rescued the trapped fish regardless of their reduced numbers. Statements by authorities are often for public consumption.... Remember that statements are generally made/released by Public Information Officers (the internal politicians of any department). 8) 8) 8)

Ed Wahl
07-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Darian, you've got to knock off this whole 'voice of reason' thing. Seems like every time I get out my torch and pitch fork, you go and throw some sanity and reasoning on things.

If this goes on much longer I'll be too old to storm somebody's castle. :D Ed

sacrivertrout
07-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Darian, you've got to knock off this whole 'voice of reason' thing. Seems like every time I get out my torch and pitch fork, you go and throw some sanity and reasoning on things.

If this goes on much longer I'll be too old to storm somebody's castle. :D Ed

I saw a picture of some kind of hut on a stick, with a picture of YOU (or at least the picture in your avature), are you the owner of these saltwater huts?

Ed Wahl
07-04-2008, 10:51 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't know what kind of pic you saw, but a hut on a stick sounds like w
here I'm bound for. :lol:
Can I sell those at the state fair? :lol:

If you can find it again post a link, I'd love to see it. Ed

sacrivertrout
07-05-2008, 02:34 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't know what kind of pic you saw, but a hut on a stick sounds like w
here I'm bound for. :lol:
Can I sell those at the state fair? :lol:

If you can find it again post a link, I'd love to see it. Ed

Ed: is the picture in your avatar You, or is it a picture you got from a advertisement? THe advertisement was for a structure used for salt flats, using aluminum poles to hold it up, and it shows you in the picture. Cant find the company name now tho. It is for fly fishing in saltwater (flats)

Ed Wahl
07-05-2008, 07:15 PM
If that's an advertising picture I'd hate to see what they're selling.

Yep, 'fraid that's really me. Ed