PDA

View Full Version : photoshop stuff

Adam Grace
07-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Here's a project I have been working on for a digital mural printing class that concentrates on printing images at or larger than 11x14. I have always wanted to print a collage of the pictures from a couple years ago when MSP/ Mike Putman invited me out to fish with him out on the Trinity. I caught 5 steelhead in one hour before sunset, on my spey rod....my best steelhead trip ever. This print will measure 28" x 28"

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3189/2630677797_b0ba03e4d3_b.jpg

Sorry for the huge on screen image but it was the best size to enable the viewer to read the print.

The largest picture will print near 8x10 and the other 4 pictures will be about 5x7 in size.

I hope the you enjoy it.

jlmelend
07-02-2008, 07:57 AM
Pretty cool, Oracle! The layout is terrific, the fish are even more impressive! If you used photoshop, how did you get the gray scale to work and maintain the color of the fish?

BTW - I'm going to the Kona coast next week and will hit your old pond. Hopefully I'll see Mems out there.

Adam Grace
07-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Very nice, I really enjoyed fishing with Don out there. Have fun in Hawaii, and good luck fishing!

As far as the photoshop technique is concerned I masked out the fish from the color picture and layered it over the black and white image below it. There was ore to it but that'd take to long to explain.