PDA

View Full Version : Weekend A. Report

Jeff C.
06-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Ok, from the lack of reports it must be slow or everyone is keeping quite about there "secret" spots. I just want to let eveyone know that it was actually very slow this weekend. Things were looking up towards the end of the work week with Bruce and I getting to some late in the evening. Over the weekend it shut down again. Even Bob Sparre was having trouble getting his clients into fish. I'll be heading out again this evening. You never know when a pod of fish will move in. Jeff C.

P.S. Size 8 orange Bloody Maria has been the hot fly for me lately. I experimented tying some up with white biot wings and they hammered 'em. R&D (lab development at the vise, field research on the river).

Mrs.Finsallaround
06-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the report Jeff =D>

Boy, I can't wait to get out there again myself. I've been out of commission for over a week following a back injury I got from a fall I took on the 21st :-({|= . Hopefully, I can get back out there by the end of the week or next! [-o<

I got out on the boat yesterday and caught a bunch of dinks, but don't think my back will take wading just yet!

Leave some for me guys! :D :lol: 8)

Ed Wahl
07-01-2008, 04:18 AM
I was out there last night. Nothing happened until sunset, then I started seeing hook-ups. Counted 8 boats out there besides mine. I got skunked but that seemed to be the exception rather than the rule. I did have 2 on but LDR'd them about halfway to the boat.
I thought the "new landing net curse" only applied to trout fishing, who would'a guessed? :D

Bob Sparre had a whole boatload of kids out there, it was a blast watching them catch their first fish. Ed

Jet
07-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Joey has been tying up tons of shad flies. Here is his variation of your pattern.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/jetax/Flies004.jpg

We are off to Montana for 10 days and I can't get him to stop tying shad flies. Save a few for us when we get back. I have my park pass now so you should see us on the A more often. We are going have to get a Striper on a fly next but thats another thread.

Tight Lines,

Jet

Scott V
07-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Nice looking fly, and orange seems to be the hot color right now.

Darian
07-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Anybody tried skating dry patterns late in the evening lately :?: :?: :?: If so, any results :?: :?: :?:

Scott V
07-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Anybody tried skating dry patterns late in the evening lately :?: :?: :?: If so, any results :?: :?: :?:

I plan on throwing a caddis once I see them busting the top again. I'll let you know what happens, I should have a report about that in Thursday.