PDA

View Full Version : Hike In Fishing Spots

jhaquett
06-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Hey guys,

I am looking for a nice stream or lake to hike up into and camp within a few hours of my area (Chico). A combination of privacy and good fishing would be great. I understand that information such as this could very well be private, so if anyone is willing to give info feel free to PM me. Thanks a lot.

Rick J
06-25-2008, 06:17 AM
not sure if you are looking at a day hike but if a longer overnight type situation not that far north are the Trinity Alps and Marble Mountains with some spectacular scenery and some great lakes or if you go east up around Lassen you can likely find some remote trips

slim
06-25-2008, 07:24 AM
Get a hold of a copy of Plumas Nat. Forest-trout fishing guide by Andrew Harris and get out your hiking boots. There are some amazing hike in fishing spots in Chico's backyard.(some damn nice fish, too)

jhaquett
06-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks guys, I will have to check out that guide.

Rick, speaking of the lassen area, are you familiar with the Thousand Lakes area and their trails? I was considering heading there sometime fairly soon. Also, could you give me any specific trailheads in the Marbles?

Thomas lee
06-26-2008, 10:32 AM
I love to hike then fish rarely do i drive right to my fishing spots. The ultimate fly fishing trail would have to be the john muir trail ( I completed last year) I also do alot of hiking up the western states trail. Grouse ridge, Middle fork of the feather. and being so close in chico you should try the ishi wilderness. but by far the most rewarding would be middle fork of the feather.

wjorg
06-27-2008, 04:46 PM
....was at the Middle Fork last weekend and almost got burned alive. Watch out.