PDA

View Full Version : Sunday report

Charlie Gonzales
06-23-2008, 09:13 AM
The wife kicked me out of the house yesterday and told me to take my boat with me so... Fished Upper CPA for 5 nice hens and one hook straightend. Was hoping to se other BM's but didnt. There is some good water for a spey caster in that area.

Jgoding
06-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Ha ha, must be nice Charlie to have the wife kick you out.... Good job on the shad, I need to target some this year I guess...

burl51
06-24-2008, 08:42 AM
upper CPA?
Can't quite figue that one out

thanks in advance

Burl

Jeff C.
06-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi Kim,

Upper CPA is Upper Sunrise just below Lower Sailor Bar. CPA is the name that the old timers use for the drift boat launch area at Upper Sunrise.

Jeff C.

P.S. Nice going Charlie!!

LE0
06-25-2008, 03:33 PM
PCA (Pacific Coast Aggregates) used to be the name of the footbridge below the Sunrise Blvd overpass. The bridge is now called the Jim Jones Bridge. The old timers called the area PCA…as we now often call the area Sunrise…

Finsane
06-26-2008, 05:44 AM
Don't give up yet. We got lots of fresh males in the Watt area the last 2 nites.

burl51
06-27-2008, 06:48 AM
I think I was ther last week. Went into sunrise to the east end of the park took dirt road to the left boat launch. Saw one guy up stream about 500 yards swinging. water look pretty slow. Do not know if thisis the spot though.

Burl

Charlie Gonzales
06-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Did somebody call me an old timer? Its just what I have always known the area as, and as Jeff C described it, its the area between Sunrise and Sailor Bar. Dont know what CPA stands for, just know I have been going there for years. There is an old Boy Scout camp ground there that my elementary school took us to for overnighters. Havent looked for that place in years, I'll have to check it out.