PDA

View Full Version : Weekend American Report

Jeff C.
06-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Fishing was slow this past weekend. The higher flows have caused the shad to spread out but there are still small pods scattered here and there. Having a boat and moving around helps finding them. Got one Friday evening. Saturday, I took the day off from shad and went to the Sierras for some trout fishing with Jeff F. (one brown and two rainbows and some aching quads from the hike out). Jeff F. slayed 'em with dries. Sunday afternoon nada. Bruce went 3 for 10 fishing all day long. In the evening, Andy Guibord was out on his boat and he picked me up. He got 6 or 7 (several were nice hens) throwing lead core. I only got one because I couldn't get down deep enough. Both of the fish I caught this weekend were on a Bloody Maria. Thanks for the ride Andy (you know your stuff)! Jeff C.

Ed Wahl
06-16-2008, 08:06 PM
I launched the pram at Watt Ave. this morning. Caught 3 lost 1. Fished tandems, all three landed took an orange Bloody Maria.

Still a lot of debris in the water but it appears to be clearing up. Ed

jlmelend
06-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Caught one higher in the river on same type of bloody maria. I prefer to call them Jeff C-ronomids. I use bright orange thread with a green wire wrap and to me, they match the orange uniforms that prison inmates wear, so I call mine Jeff C-ronomid CDC (aka - california department of corrections, not cul-de canard) shad fly. I know...more info than you needed. Jeff's right, gotta cover lots of water, fishing is a bit spotty. I'm still looking to hook into a school.