PDA

View Full Version : Airline Situation

Jay Murakoshi
06-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Here's the latest on the airline situation.

Alaska will stop flying into La Paz on Sept. 7th. But word is Horizon Air will be taking over the flights on September 8th. Now the catch.... they will be flying the Turbo Prop RJ's 55 passenger plane. These cost more to fly and carry less people. I'm sure they will compensate for the cost to fly the plane by raising the cost of tickets.

There are also going to be cut backs in flights to Los Cabos and Loreto. Loreto will also have the smaller plane.

Delta is suppose to fly 6 days a week to La Paz. The only day not flying is Thursday. But can you trust Delta

Jay

Darian
06-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Jay,.... If we shipped our gear (rods/reels) ahead to La Paz on a cargo carrier, would they deliver to La Concha Hotel :?: :?: Probably wouldn't present much of a problem for the staff to hold the luggage until arrival. :? :?

I'm really reluctant to trust Delta with my checked luggage. If I recall correctly, they and Northwest have the worst record for lost luggage in the industry. :? :?

I can't imagine why an airline would choose to fly an aircraft that has less passenger capacity and costs more to operate; even if they intend to raise ticket prices.... They're going to lose passengers to more economical airlines. Maybe the turbo-prop aircraft is all Horizon has in it's inventory. :? :? :?

Darian
06-16-2008, 06:54 AM
Carl,.... That doesn't leave much alternative to traveling on airlines like Delta or using Mexicana Air. :? I don't see a lot of difference in having Delta lose your luggage or having it damaged but received when shipping it in advance. :(

Mexicana, doesn't fly in to La Paz from LAX, direct. Maybe Cabo but that's a 3 t0 4 hour drive to La Paz. Makes for a long day. Of course, that would happen whether the luggage was shipped in advance or not. Wopnder what Mexicana's record for lost luggage is :?: :?: