PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Fuller Lake report from CFFU

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Russ Heckley, Jake Mater and I arrived at Fuller Lake around 9:30 AM. It was very windy, white caps on the water...we looked at each other and said "what the hell"... By the time we got rigged and on the water the wind started to die down and it got nicer and nicer, by noon it was just light to no breeze.

At 2:00 PM the DFG truck showed up and dumped a very large truck load of brown and rainbow trout into the lake.

Fishing was good in the morning and better in the afternoon. Jake stopped counting after 15 fish, I stopped counting after 25 and Russ stopped after 40 fish

We finally got tired around 6:00 PM just when the dry fly fishing started, I caught one on a dry and called it a day.

Fishing tomorrow and this weekend should be excellent.

Dick Angus

fishbonz
06-18-2008, 10:18 AM
any more plants planned? I was thinking of going up this coming Friday. would you suggest float tube or pontoon boat? how cold is the water? (i.e. full waders with sweats underneath)?

thanks.

Mrs.Finsallaround
06-18-2008, 02:01 PM
I fished in my float tube last weekend with full waders and sweats... This was good in the morning, but by midday and I was burnin' up on top. The water, to me, seemed to be warmer this year at this time than last year....

Looking at the DFG schedule, doesn't look like any more plants are scheduled...