PDA

View Full Version : Udown2fish

dtp916
06-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Hey Guys,

Fishing in Northern California is really prime right now. The Upper Sac is coming into shape and fishing well. Pink Alberts are out in the evenings and the dry fly action is good. I saw a ton of Golden Stones yesterday, you should be able to get them on top in the afternoon.

The Pit River is doing really well. Epeorus mayflies are bring a lot of fish to the surface. I even landed a small brown fishing a #14 yellow sparkle dun. The NF Feather is fishing well with heavy caddis and stonefly activity. The Truckee is coming into shape and the green drakes are making an appearance on the LT.

I running a special rate for my new guide business this summer, and am booking trips now. Please visit:

http://www.myspace.com/udown2fish

for more information or to browse some cool pictures.

I hope you all are out enjoying the great fishing right now, shad are thick on the Sac, and the top water bass is getting good around Chico.

Thanks a bunch to Bill for permitting me to post this! And nice meet you Frank, I hope that section of the Upper Sac was as good to you as it has been for me!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f393/dtp916/PitRiverCampingtripMay08023.jpg

jayclarkflyfishing
06-13-2008, 05:45 AM
James
Good luck with the guide service.One quick question...are you permitted by the USFS to guide on the Truckee?If so who's permit are you working under? I know for a fact that no new permits are available on the entire Tahoe National Forest.I know this because I am unable to get a permit to guide on the forest and I live here.A permit is needed if you access the water through Forest Service land.
Anyways ,good luck!

Jay Clark,
Jay Clark Fly Fishing

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-13-2008, 07:05 AM
Great report James.....thanks.

I really like your My Space web site.

dtp916
06-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey Jay,

PM Sent.

Frank Alessio
06-15-2008, 07:21 PM
James....
It was real nice meeting you.... I did ok that evening but Wed evening was my best. My camera got dunked and It is a gonner. I will be getting one that is water proof. I like the Picture your dog took. Cool Dog... Later Frank

Jeff C.
06-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Kimo,

Good luck guiding! I liked you blog write-up on the NFF. Hana Pa'a!!

Jeff C.

dtp916
06-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Mahalo nui loa Jeff!