PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Pine Reservoir report..............

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Email report from CFFU/Otters recent trip:

Hi OTTERS,
You all missed a great fishing excursion today at Sugar Pine Reservoir.

Only three of us, Jerry Devlin, Jim Berdan and I that have shown up. We were surprise, no wind or breeze in the morning hours until about 1 pm a breeze started. we got there about 10 am after having breakfast at Denny's in Auburn. The trout plant truck arrived at the same time. And he drop 6,000 lbs/4,000 trout into the lake. We have a barrel of fun catching and releasing 60 to 100 fishes in 5 hours of fishing time for all of us. Boy oh boy, I was tire catching so many fishes. The biggest fish size were 14 inches long. and we caught quite a few of those sizes. Mostly about 8 to 12 inches The fish was really fiesy and they fought hard. I had a hard time reeling it in because I was using a 3wt rod. We also caught some smallmouth blackbasses too. Almost every cast was a fish on. For Jim and I, this is much better than at Big M. Now I know how Dell, Gary, Bob and Dick feel when they catch so many fishes -- out of this world.
Glenn Yee

Garrett S
06-12-2008, 08:11 PM
i was camping there last weekend and caught around 20 fish :) i kept 3 and i will post a pic of them later. 2 were caught on a olive wooly bugger and the other one on a blue fox spinner :oops: those were the three i kept. the rest were caught on wooly buggers or worms. most of the trout are small but fight hard :)
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/401/k110vb8.jpg