PDA

View Full Version : Last Night Report

Jeff C.
06-10-2008, 06:41 AM
Went out last night after work and the river was fast and about a foot deeper. 10 SE Asian kids with a case of Heinies slayed with bobbers below me in the slower water. I got 3 when I first got there with a Type 2 head but when I switched to a Type 4 head it was on. Ended up landing 14 and LDRed 5 or 6. All were caught on a size 10 Bloody Maria. The Upper river should get really good with the increased flow. Jeff C.

Scott V
06-10-2008, 07:05 AM
Type 4 was definetly the ticket last night, I had 4 grabs, 1 LDR which I think was a real good one it fought real hard, and I landed 1 tiny little guy. I was using a Type 2 with split shot. Also saw 2 rangers on the water in kayaks, they stopped and checked out all the bank fishers and asked us how many we caught and our zip code. I thanked them for being out there and they really appreciated the kind words.

Jeff C.
06-10-2008, 07:41 AM
They were DFG survey takers. It was nice to see a young woman asking the questions. Most of the time the survey takers are college aged dudes. If they had been game wardens, there would have been some citations written because I only saw a handful of fishing licenses visible.

Scott V
06-10-2008, 08:37 AM
It was kind of funny to see 13 bobber guys fishing and then when the DFG survey girl walked up there were only about 5 or 6 bobber guys fishing.

OceanSunfish
06-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Wardens should stop by on ocasion on both sides of the river in that area in the early AM and PM. It's pretty obvious that some latitude is being taken with regards to licensing.

Enough phone calls to Cal-Tip may trigger some action.

Scott V
06-10-2008, 12:14 PM
I just wish they could bust them for all the trash they left behind, it wasn't a little, it was a lot.

amoeba
06-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Just call the police/sheriff/ranger:

Alcohol is prohibited;
Poaching is prohibited;
Glass containers are prohibited;

So it says on signs everywhere, including the entrance to paradise beach.

Although the cops blow off some of these calls, they are somewhat more protective of - and that glen hall/paradise area specifically. Too many issues - things get out of hand if theyand the residents start calling their councilman if they don't enforce - I know I do.