PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Delta skunk

Mike Churchill
06-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Took Hairstacker for a ride in my little boat today. Compared to his pool float, my 12-foot Gregor is a high-speed machine. :D

We launched out of Tower Park just after dawn and fished Potato and Sycamore Sloughs until 1:00 or so.

Mike had one topwater strike early but missed it.

I had a couple of bumps on a small wooly bugger but hooked nothing. :(

Really windy in the a.m. but not too bad in the middle of the day.

Water temps were 64-68.

I might have to give up the delta for a while and go catch some trout....

Mike

Mrs.Finsallaround
06-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Yeah, we were out on Saturday... We tried to beat the wind, but to no avail. We were on the water by 5:30 am and the wind was kickin' by 7 am. We tried it till around 9. Paul got one, and I got one grab, but that was it. Temps were 68-69 degrees in Hog and clarity was 18-24 inches.

When we got home and checked the 3 day history for Stockton airport, it had been gusting 24-25 mph around 8-9 am.

I don't think this wind will ever end! :x

Hairstacker
06-08-2008, 07:10 PM
It was fun to get out in Mike's boat and fish new water -- thanks Mike!! The wind did make it very tough to keep the boat in position but we both got off some good casts into some great cover. . . . Just couldn't get 'em to come up for some reason. Ah well, some days are like that. Back to regularly scheduled fish-catching next weekend. :unibrow: :lol:

p.s. Robin -- the water in Sycamore was green and relatively clear . . . visibility about 5'?