PDA

View Full Version : Last Night Report

Jeff C.
06-05-2008, 06:16 AM
Fished the Upper river last night. It was SLOW!! Bruce from San Diego rolled back into town. He didn't get a bump. I had one grab. Only 2 fish were caught all evening, one by a spin/bobber guy and the other by Scott V. using a Bloody Mary that he tied. Jeff C.

Jgoding
06-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Nice reports Jeff.

Maybe this Jeff will get out tonight as a few fish were spotted at my local haunt a couple days ago...

Jeff C.
06-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Hey Jeff!

I'll be fishing down river from you tonight. Hope you get into some!

Jeff C.

Kevin Goding
06-05-2008, 03:05 PM
He doesn't stand a chance with me around, I'm going to bum and lose all his flies for him.

Scott V
06-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Jeff didn't need your help, :lol: we both got skunked :cry: . Only saw 2 taken by spin guys.

Chris Laskodi
06-05-2008, 09:10 PM
You guys didn't miss much. Fish finally started moving up around 745. I got my first fish about 810, steady bite till about 845. Ended up landing 7 and had a bunch of really soft bites. How do you go three hours without a grab and then get three fish in 5 minutes? I guess thats shad fishing. They were all small males again. Where did the hens go?

Ed Wahl
06-06-2008, 04:18 AM
Hey Jeff, could you post a recipe for this Bloody Mary of yours? Ed

Scott V
06-06-2008, 06:35 AM
You guys didn't miss much. Fish finally started moving up around 745. I got my first fish about 810, steady bite till about 845. Ended up landing 7 and had a bunch of really soft bites. How do you go three hours without a grab and then get three fish in 5 minutes? I guess thats shad fishing. They were all small males again. Where did the hens go?

Big suprise the bite turned on near sunset, I just could not make another cast, my back was killing me.

Jeff C.
06-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Wednesday and Thursday was humbling for me. Only 3 grabs in 5 hours of fishing. I guess it was time for a "heat check" for me. I hope to rectify the problem tonight and over the weekend. Jeff C.

amoeba
06-06-2008, 10:49 PM
tried to mix it up a little thurs nite:

One boat seen at howe - no bananas for me or him (he looked nearly asleep) - just non-existent action.

Late (8:30) at paradise - maybe 4 fishermen total - no fish caught by me, maybe one rod moved until pitchdark and not sure if that was landed, so dunno where the few fish are being taken, but it wasn't there either.

in a word - s-l-o-w.....if things change....will let yall know.