PDA

View Full Version : 6/2 american shows power of the internet

amoeba
06-02-2008, 09:19 PM
well:

fish are in; except so are the fishermen - yesterday everybody was walking dogs - there was nobody fishing except me when I started (and only one other when I left).

Today, a weekday, same time (8 pm) same station (paradise) - and there were 17 fishermen (4 fly, 13 gear).

Everybody was catching fish here and there - for some reason I had a low hookup rate (2 fish to 10 or so strikes). A stringer of 11 fish amongst 6 asians (non-fly) that must have got there earlier caught my attention; made me wonder if the vietnamese community is tuned into kiene's website.

There are larger fish than what I caught on top at twilite, I am guessing females. I may try a floating line tomorrow and see what happens.

Jeff C.
06-03-2008, 06:34 AM
That's why I've started fishing the upper river. Only one other guy on the opposite bank last night . He got 5, I got 6. Type 2 shooting head and size 10 Bloody Mary. Jeff C.

Chris Laskodi
06-03-2008, 10:26 AM
I was there last night as well. The crowd was average to below average for a weekday night. Generally there's more fly fishermen. I generally avoid weekends because of the crowds, so does everyone else, sometimes you get lucky and there's no one out because everyone assumes its going to be crowded. The same thing happened to me on Memorial Day last week. There was only three guys out, me and two gear guys across the way. Last night there were hardly any gear guys, usually that bank is full.

The Asian crowd has been out there since last week. I didn't realize that they had so few fish, I thought they caught a lot more. For awhile they were the only ones getting fish.

Last night for me was by far the best last hour of light grab I've had all year. I hit a huge pod and it was a fish on every cast situation for about 20 minutes. Before it got dark, I couldn't buy a fish though. Although I was getting hit they just weren't sticking. Also first night where I got a fair amount of hens, before it had all been dinky males.

I really wish I could go back out today. Stupid finals.

Jeff C.
06-04-2008, 06:43 AM
Went to the Lower river last night. It was tough standing waist deep in fast moving water. Only one other guy fly fishing. The bank guys all bailed before 8:00 pm. Landed 7, LDR'ed 3, missed a bunch of grabs. Same setup: Type 2 head & Size 10 Bloody Mary. Jeff C.