PDA

View Full Version : Rd.48 Access Full

Tony Buzolich
06-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Just to give an update on Rd.48.

Yesterday I gave a couple of guys from the bay area directions on how to get to Rd.48 and how they needed to buy an access key from the property owner. They called me back at the shop to say that the owner had given out all of the keys he was going to give out and didn't want any more folks coming in to fish.

The two guys were a little pissed about driving so far to get there and then being told they couldn't get in even if they were willing to pay.

Bank fishing for shad on the Sac is somewhat limited.

TONY

Bob Laskodi
06-01-2008, 04:10 PM
As those guys found out, you just can't drive to RD 48 and pay a fee to get in. There is currently a waiting list to get a key, but the chances of getting one for next year are slim because not that many keys become available each year. So if you don't know some one who has a key, forget about RD 48.

Anne Vitale
06-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Tony or anyone else that is interested in Rd 48, it is not simply a matter of having a key. The owner requires a picture of your car showing your License number. The key comes with a placard to be placed on your windshield and a letter granting you access to his property from April 1 through June 30th of this year. So you not only need a key, you need a registered car as well.

I got my key in Feb '08 and I am #124. Someone told me that the owner sold a total of 200 keys. I am not sure if there is a waiting list or not but I wouldn't be surprised if there was.

If anyone wants to apply for next year the address is David Wolmutt , 8245 County Road 48, Glenn, CA 95943.

Anne

Dick Wood
06-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Too bad to hear about road 48 closing, I have had many fine days there. How close is the nearest launch, can it be reached by jet boat?