PDA

View Full Version : Sly Park , 5/28

David Lee
05-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Just short of EPIC .

20+ Smallies to hand , one dink Largemouth . Most on the surface eating a small Whit Waking Sheep Shad (stripped HARD) . Most came off flooded willows on steep banks , quite a few came up from 8-15 feet over rockpiles . Nearly all were main lake . 1-14 1/2 , 2 -13 , the rest 8-12 inches . Could not buy a hit on the bottom .... they wanted Baitfish in distress . #2 Rainbow Trout Clouser on an I line picked-up 6 fish .

This is the first time I've bothered to fish topwater there , and it was more than worth the effort . Wind all day (over 20 most of the time) and thunderheads that missed by that much . 3 or 4 days of stable weather and it will be insane !!

David :D

Scott V
05-29-2008, 09:16 AM
I had heard reports that Sly Park was fishing really good lately. Good job on the smallies. Were you at the far end of the lake? That is where I have gotten smallies before, at the beginning of the creek that goes to the waterfall.

David Lee
05-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Scott -

Nope . There were a few taken around the chimney ..... but the wind was up (fewer powerboaters) and I fished the main lake all around the PINE CONE access .

Lots of dinks now , perhaps a few days of stable weather will get the BIG ones feeding ? One can only hope .....

Even w/ clear water (14+/- feet vis.) and bright sun , they seemed to want to come up and kill deerhair bugs on the surface - fish your flies aggressively -

Good luck !

David :D

Hairstacker
05-29-2008, 11:13 AM
That's awesome David! Surface-feeding smallies . . . . :D :D :D

Phil Synhorst
05-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the info David. I may be camping there weekend after this. Now I have a dilema, take the pram or not. :?: :)

Jgoding
05-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Glad you had a blast David. I need to tie up some more of those in a size 10 or 12 I thinks...