PDA

View Full Version : First "Fly Fishing Only" Bass Tournament in Delta

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-28-2008, 07:14 AM
http://www.bassnfly.com/The%20Bass-n-Fly%20Challenge%20tournament.html

Terry Jenkins and I will be in the one day tournament Friday, May 30, representing Kiene's Fly Shop.

They have prizes for the heaviest 5 fish per boat and biggest fish.

LMB, SMB and Spots.....no Stripers!

Weigh-in is at 2pm @ Ladds/Buckley Cove west of Stockton, CA. This might be a fun thing to see.

The main idea of the tournament is to let more people see that fly fishing actually works well for bass.

It is going to be a fun event and a new experience.

Darian
05-28-2008, 07:28 AM
Hey Bill,... Good luck. 8) 8) 8) I can see it now.... You changing into the Nascar version of Bass guys.... You know; sponsor insignias all over your bib overalls and bottle of Gatorade in one hand and big Black Bass in the other for the cameras.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Remember, you gotta rehearse your speech before you get down there. :P :P :P :P

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-28-2008, 07:49 AM
Darian,

I am praying to the warm water "Fish God" that we are not in last place.

Hairstacker
05-28-2008, 11:02 AM
You changing into the Nascar version of Bass guys.... You know; sponsor insignias all over your bib overalls and bottle of Gatorade in one hand and big Black Bass in the other for the cameras....

Yes, and Bill, don't forget to put your sponsor's cap on your head for the cameras when you head up the podium for your victory speech. :lol:

k.hanley
05-28-2008, 04:32 PM
"...You changing into the Nascar version of Bass guys.... You know; sponsor insignias all over your bib overalls and bottle of Gatorade in one hand and big Black Bass in the other for the cameras.... Remember, you gotta rehearse your speech before you get down there. '

Darian nothing wrong with that. Heck, bring it on! Makes the event even more fun. I love the circus atmosphere. Colorful, creative... in fact our Bass-n-Fly team shirts are.............. \:D/

Hairstacker, Bill better be wearing his store hat, maybe others will too? I love all this stuff. Support your friends and show up for the weigh-in & award ceremony and have a great afternoon with us.
Cheers, Ken
PS: After the event I'll post all the details of team placements, winnings, etc. I would think someone would be posting a few pics as well.

Darian
05-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey Ken,.... The hat I envision would be a Kiene's ball cap with a beverage of choice on each side and a tube down to the mouth.... Demand hydration (or lubrication :unibrow: :unibrow: )

Sorry I won't be able to attend but I'll be thinking positive for you guys while I'm down at La Ventana with Jay. :P :P :P :P

Leo
05-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey Guys
Is there going to be a get together after the weigh in, maybe an early dinner at Black Angus on March Lane and I-5 ? The winners can have bragging rights and the losers can cry in their beer. There is still time to plan this so lets talk about it.
Leo

k.hanley
05-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Leo there is a BBQ with the awards ceremony.
Cheers, Ken