PDA

View Full Version : Burney Dining

Charlie S
05-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Strongly recommend the newest addition to Burney's Gourmet Delights....no, really.....they ARE few and far between....but....
Give Angelina's a shot for a great meal. The former Chef at the Pit River Inn, also a former fly fishing guide and all round nice guy, is the owner and cook. Some fantastic food in an area not know for dining delights. It's located where the old "Rex" used to be, updated and very nice. He also has some cabins for rent that are clean and handy to a lot of fishing.

Terry Thomas
06-07-2008, 07:40 PM
My vote goes to Art's Outpost in Burney. It was really great, "back in the days," when the old Outpost was at the corner of 89/299. Art moved the restaurant into town @10 years ago and they still do a good job. His mom and dad used to own B.J.'s in town as well.
For Chinese food, the Dragon Palace is also a pretty good place for a change of pace.

Charlie S
04-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Yes, the Outpost does do a good job. But, Angelina's provides some real gourmet dining in place of the normal steak, prime rib, etc. Just another option.

Hibbygibi
07-09-2009, 09:55 AM
I eat at both locations.. I prefer Angelina's over Arts because the menu has more selections and they pour a great drink :D. Art's is good if you only want to eat red meat.. not much variety IMHO

michaeln
01-09-2010, 10:22 AM
I think there is only one other Mexican place in the Burney area (and it's actually in Johnson ), but I think Taqueria La Fogata (on 299 in the western part of Burney) has terrific Mexican food. The Chile Verde there is to die for. The place is so good that I usually have no desire to eat anywhere else in town when I am up there fishing at Baum Lake.

Charlie S
01-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Yep, that mexican place is good but my gastric channel would kill anyone I was with if I ate there more than once a week. It has several dishes that are worth trying though.

michaeln
05-25-2010, 09:48 AM
I have eaten at Angelina's twice and enjoyed it both times, although I thought it was fairly pricey. I have not been to Art's Outpost but I would like to try it sometime.