PDA

View Full Version : Kiene's BB Fall 2008 Delta LMB Outting........?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-25-2008, 08:06 AM
..........in mid-September?

Lundborg's Landing......?

I like 'HairStacker's' recommendation for mid-September.

Wind is usually better in the Fall and water temps are a little more consistent.

Full moon on the 15th.

What about the weekend of September 20/21, 2008?

Can we check to see if there are any big things happening on that weekend? Mother's Day, Labor Day, Super Bowl, WWIII?

Thanks

JerryInLodi
06-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Bill, I looked at my past year records and it seems that the third week of September is generally the week that water temperatures take a dive, dropping down below the 70 mark.

If we throw the moon out of the equation, the best week seems to be the 13th and 14th, good tides and hopefully adequate water temperatures.

'The weekend of the 6th, 7th will also work.

Labor day is the first day of the month.

Scott V
06-08-2008, 06:20 PM
I agree wtih Jerry, the 13th and the 14th look good as far as the moon is. I am up for another weekend of fish, food, fun, and festivites.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Sounds like more fun.................

Don't miss this next Lundborg's Delta Bass Outing.

I hope I can over night there this time.

erhetta
06-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Ok, I am not missing another one of these!!!! Can't wait to see more details.

Scott V
07-09-2008, 12:57 PM
I hope the action is as good in September as Jerry is saying it is right now in the delta. I think I am going to have to head out Friday after work for some evening action.

Adam Grace
07-09-2008, 01:58 PM
hopefully I won't miss this one as well

JerryInLodi
07-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Scott, it was red hot again last night. The whole thing starts about 6pm and goes and goes and goes till a little after nine. I'll be heading out tonight again if I get my trolling motor fixed. It got stuck last night and would only run af full speed. Made for some pretty sloppy driving! I've taken it in to Sunny and am mounting my spare.

Fish the heavy weed areas and the points. The bass have not moved out to the channels and the free flowing water yet. They will soon though if the water temperatures stay as high as they are right now, 76-78.

Scott V
07-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Hey Jerry, I will be in my pontoon, where do you recommend I should go. Should I head out to Lundborgs or is there any other areas I should go that might not be as far west.

JerryInLodi
07-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Scott, if you're coming from the valley I recommend somewhere along eight mile road. If from the bay area, Lundborgs will do.

Scott V
08-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Has a date been decided?
Is there still interest in having this event?

Mrs.Finsallaround
08-07-2008, 03:27 PM
I'd thought we'd decided on Sept 13/14th? That's where I have this on my calendar.... :?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-07-2008, 09:07 PM
I think we settled on the weekend of September 13/14 (Sat/Sun).

I just realized I am going to be at the 'Denver Fly Tackle Dealer Show' at that time so I will miss this one.

It is sure a great outing. It was really fun the last time.

Scott V
08-18-2008, 08:25 AM
You will be missed out there Bill, keep an eye out for a Denver Bronco fishing hat for me :) . I got my reservations today and should be pulling up in my rig around 2 or so on friday afternoon. Keep an eye out for the lighted palm tree next to the rv and stop on by. The door is always open.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
08-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Great news Scott

I am glad you will be there with your giant motor home as an anchor for the event again.

Wish I could make it.

erhetta
08-20-2008, 10:23 AM
Made my reservations a few mins ago.

Unfortunately, I am flying back in from Indiana on Friday night, so I will miss Fri night's activities. :-(

I emailed to see how early I can get setup on Saturday AM, so I will roll in as early as possible.

I have been looking forward to this for a while....

Dave4622
08-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Reservations are made and confirmed here also. Arriving Friday hopefully early enough to get in a bit of fishing.

Dave

erhetta
08-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Just heard back from them...I can come in as early as I want, so I will be there at dark-30 to get some morning action in on Saturday :)

Are we going to try to do a group lunch, or something along those lines on Saturday before the afternoon/evening fishing time?

Scott V
08-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Can someone post the tides for our area at Lundborgs. I would like to see the conditions we have, and so we can set an "official" lunch time if everyone wants to. Also if any one wants to do some presentations or some fly tying to share with everyone that would be great. I will have atleaset 2 tables and whatever chairs I can get together, plus the b-b-q will be going.

And for those interested I will be watching Fish Bums volume 1: Mongolia, I am trying to get my hands on a small projector so we can watch it outside, but if not it will be playing in my rv.

Mike Churchill
08-28-2008, 12:02 PM
I'll be down Saturday from before the crack of dawn til it's too dark to fish. Can't stay overnight 'cause I have to take my daughter to a gymnastics meet Sunday.

I have an open seat in my little boat if anyone lacks an appropriate vessel.

Mike

fishngy
08-28-2008, 08:24 PM
I have marked my calendar and ready to come down on Saturday. Ready to fire up the lawn mower engine and catch some bass this time. Bill

andanb
09-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I couldn't make it last time...but I am looking forward to it this go round. I might have an extra seat in my boat. I have a 17.5' bass tracker. Makes a nice platform to fish off of. Will most likely get there Fri late afternoon and leave Sat. pm.

Scott V
09-04-2008, 01:57 PM
I couldn't make it last time...but I am looking forward to it this go round. I might have an extra seat in my boat. I have a 17.5' bass tracker. Makes a nice platform to fish off of. Will most likely get there Fri late afternoon and leave Sat. pm.

I wouldn't mind getting a ride Friday afternoon. I should be at Lundborgs around 3 or so. Let me know of you are going to be there in time for some afternoon fishing. PM me and we can exchange info.

erhetta
09-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Anybody else getting excited?

Ok, for some, this is old hat, but I have been looking forward to this weekend since last year.

Ed Wahl
09-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Okay, for sure, I'm in. I'll bring the grill again, don't know just yet what to grill up but I'm sure something will occur to me over the week. I feel like I might be a little sick on Friday.(cough, cough) :wink: :wink:

Remember folks, this isn't any kind of exclusive club. Anyone and everyone's invited. Just bring Scotch. :shock: Just kidding about that last, but it's not a bad idea.

Find your way to Lundborg's and look for Scott's rv, the MEGALITH. It's huge, I believe you can see it from space. He's got a lighted palm tree in front. If I'm there look for an old SMUD truck with a rack on the back that the Pearl rides on. If the pram's still on the rack wake me up, I've overslept. I'll thank you for it, eventually. :lol: Ed

Hairstacker
09-08-2008, 04:33 PM
It's huge, I believe you can see it from space.
:lol:

erhetta
09-10-2008, 06:10 AM
Okay, for sure, I'm in. I'll bring the grill again, don't know just yet what to grill up but I'm sure something will occur to me over the week.

I'd be happy to contribute to the grillin'....I can bring some steaks or whatever, just let me know.

If the pram's still on the rack wake me up, I've overslept. I'll thank you for it, eventually. :lol: Ed

Now that is funny...

Hairstacker
09-11-2008, 11:32 AM
I just found out I'm in for sure too! \:D/ Really looking forward to it, as it's always a good time. I'll be floating in on a red Coleman inflatable kayak -- you can't mistake it, as some say it looks like a plastic pool lounger (PPL). :lol:

fishngy
09-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Plan to get there as early as possible on Saturday am. I hope to arrive when it is still dark and spend the day fishing. "Dad, are we there? How much longer?" Looking forward to seeing everyone. Bill

Jordan
09-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Anybody have an empty boat seat Sat or Sun at Lundborgs this weekend?

Thanks,

Jordan

707-963-9096
707-322-1813 c

Mike Churchill
09-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Jordan's going to right with me Saturday.

Someone else pick him up for Sunday.

Mike

Richard
09-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Sadly I won't be able to make it this time. :( My daughter and granddaughter are fleeing hurricane Ike and arrive here tonight at 11PM. They will be staying with us until they are able to return home. As bad as it is for them my wife and are are looking forward to seeing them.

Scott V
09-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Hope all turns out good for the kids. You'll be here in spirit, I'll be fishing the rod you made last year.

paulegan81
09-12-2008, 05:29 AM
i will be down for lunch on sat with don Vansant....we will launch out of B&W then fish our way to londborgs mety for the BB-Q then fish our way back...

my boat is still down and we will have his whaler what time are we having lunch.........

Jordan glad to see you got a ride....... hope to fish with you again soon.....
I love those snow bars.....

Paul