PDA

View Full Version : 'Stripee' finger protectors from Alpine Inovations

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-22-2008, 11:09 PM
http://www.alpineproducts.com/products/stripee.php

We just got them in stock.

Our buddy Tim Ackerman turned us on to them.

Now we have about a dozen different kind of stripping gloves and finger protectors.

http://www.alpineproducts.com/images/products/stripeepage/stripeeInAction.jpg

Adam Grace
05-23-2008, 03:06 PM
This looks cool, here's another picture from their website that shows it from a different angle:

http://www.alpineproducts.com/images/products/stripeepage/StripeeTn.jpg

Phil Synhorst
05-23-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm going to have to pick up one/pair(?) of those. That new Sharkskin line really puts the burn on the knuckle joint. When I tried to hual in those Gills last Sunday I was wishing I had some Mole Skin with me. ](*,)
If I get a decent sized wild Bow I'll be hurting without something between me and that line.

Jgoding
06-20-2008, 07:35 AM
I picked up a pair of these. Of course I forgot them the other day when I went out so I'll have to comment on them later.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
06-20-2008, 08:18 AM
We now have a large selection of stripping finger protectors and 'sun gloves' too.

They all seem to sell?

Jgoding
06-23-2008, 09:15 AM
I actually remembered to take my pair with me yesterday and I would have to give them a thumbs up. I won't comment in durability or anything as it was the first time out but they fit well and I could even tie knots with them on (blood, and clinch etc..)

I really liked the feel of them and the line stripped through very smooth except the junction to the shooting head would hang up sometimes but if when I paid attention and knew it was coming it wasn't a big deal as I would loosen my grip a little. I did soak them through as well before I started and they were still comfy wet.

They also helped a lot as I could grip my rod differently as they cover my index finger as well and I can use more of a closed grip (almost just like the picutre of the hand and rod except I close my index finger and the line would pass behind it) where as before I would have my middle finger more open and off the rod which caused my hand to tire pretty quickly.

sacrivertrout
06-23-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm going to have to pick up one/pair(?) of those. That new Sharkskin line really puts the burn on the knuckle joint. When I tried to hual in those Gills last Sunday I was wishing I had some Mole Skin with me. ](*,)
If I get a decent sized wild Bow I'll be hurting without something between me and that line.

And call them something like sharkskin protectors!

Charlie Gonzales
06-23-2008, 01:56 PM
I was given a pair of those last year and they almost ruined a brand new fly line. The pads that you strip over created little "dingle balls" that surrounded the line; they were like little knots all over the line. Maybe they have improved since then.

rtb215
06-24-2008, 11:43 AM
It was suggested that I take a pair of these on my first trip to Belize several years ago and I now use them every time out, especially with th Shark Skin lines.

Jgoding
06-25-2008, 11:26 AM
I checked my line after two trips... no "dingle balls" detected but it's just a running line (floating).

Jeff