PDA

View Full Version : Fun in the wind ........ ?!?

David Lee
05-22-2008, 06:54 AM
Hit some prime (private) water yesterday w/ Sturmer , Peter K. , and Bill Ossolinski .....

First up - a small , very clear lake . Peter and I found an arm that was semi-protected . Semi-protected means we could stand without being blown face-down while getting into our tubes :twisted: . Big pod of Shellcrackers spawning at the put-in place , we had to bushwhack thru the tullies to avoid them and get in the water . Found a few Largemouth - two on top for me , Peter and Sturmer had 6-10 per :shock: .

I crossed to the far side dam in some of the choppiest water I have ever fished - at one point , I had the misfourtune of being where two LARGE waves converged ...... they launched my tube an honest TWO FEET straight up into the air ! Kind of fun , actually ....

I finished the first lake w/ a nice Spotted Bass (which I've never run across in such a small lake before) . We left as whitecaps 4 feet high covered the lake .

Sturmer went home , we regrouped at Bill's house and hit the MUD puddle .

Heavy bloom in there , less than 4 inches visibility . Tried topwater , that was a bust . Being slightly desperate ..... I tyed on a 1/0 Chart/White Clouser (same one I use in the Delta) . I figured that maybe they might be able to see it just a little .....

It was like flicking a switch :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I finished with 10+ , only one dink , a brace of 2 Lbs. , and the rest over 3 . Top fish was around 5# - Peter did nearly as well . All but one took on the pause between hard strips .....

The were some of the hardest fighting Bass I've taken - You'd lean and lean and they would just BURN off :shock: :-o :eek: . It's a rare day when I feel that an 8 wt. is too light !

Thanks to Bill for hosting , and Peter and Sturmer for being great (tough?) partners !! Next time , I'll wear a balaclava and a hood :P

David :thumbsup: :fish: :thumbsup: :fish: :D