PDA

View Full Version : Photo's

Jay Murakoshi
05-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Here's a photo of todays catch and a cleaned up shot of my eye. Didn't want the bloody shot.

After talking to Andy and Joe (Sac Boys) we headed out to the "88" today. With no boats around except a couple from my group, it hoped to be a good day. The water was flat with a slight west breeze. But the morning in La Paz found the wind to be howling around 25 to 30mph. It's doing that tonight.
The "88" is around 30 miles out and ya burn a lot of gas but most of the time it's worth it. The first few buoys came up empty but then we started seeing dorado. And lot's of them. After my cheerleading session of slap the fly on the water, pick it up, slap the fly on the water - well for those of you who have been here know my routine. Well, Joe stuck a good dorado and dropped it. I my nice calm voice (ha, ha) I told him "don't set up on the fish like a trout". then the next buoy we had some more big dorado. Same procedure as the last. "Quick, slap the fly on the water, pull off more line, slap the fly, wait, wait wait. Twitch, twitch, "HE ATE IT, SET THE HOOK" Another trout set :( Dropped another big one.

The next set of buoys had more big dorado. Every thing went perfect, the slap, the presentation and end the strip-strike. 'FISH ON". Now I ran back to Andy and had him doing the same thing. WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, TWITCH, 'HE ATE IT' SET THE HOOK ! Fish ON :shock:

Now, two big dorado on and each one going a separate way.
The first thing I wanted to look at was to see if each one had enough backing. They were out quite a ways. Efren and I guessed 30 minutes and we were pretty dang close.

Huffing and a puffing the fish came in inch by inch. After 35 minutes the first dorado came to the boat and the 39 minutes the second dorado was at the boat.

The proof is in the photo
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/jaysflies/DSC_3496.jpg

Also, attached is the photo of how close that came to the eye.
I cleaned it up but the blood made it look worse than it really was.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/jaysflies/DSC_3450.jpg

More tomorrow

Jay