PDA

View Full Version : The tale of Phil and his little skunk Stinky

Scott V
05-19-2008, 08:36 AM
There once was a guy by the name of Phil, now Phil was not your average ordinary guy, but a "special" guy. He had a special little frined that would follow him every where he went, and his name was Stinky the skunk. Now Stinky was a cute little guy but Phil did not like him at all, even though we all could see him, Phil was the only one that could smell him. Phil would fish here, then fish there, but everywhere he went little Stinky would be right there watching Phil getting lots of casting practice. Now this relationship went on for a long time, as a matter of fact they had been best friends since the beginning of the year. Phil took little Stinky everywhere, it was rather cute, kind of like the Odd Couple. So Phil decides one day I'll get a boat and maybe Stinky won't see me going out and I can get rid of him, but Phil found out that skunks can swim, so little Stinky followed Phil all over the delta as he paddled his little heart out. Everyone felt bad for Phil, even though they were laughing at the same time, so 2 of his buddies decided to take him out to a place where skunks are not allowed. And low and behold Phil's little friend could not cross the moss soaked weedy piece of water we call Cameron Park. Maybe it was the moss, maybe little Stinky was afraid of beavers, who knows, all I know is that I know Phil will miss his lttle friend, and so will the rest of us.

Rest in Peace Stinky, you were good for laughs and will be missed by all, except Phil of course.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/PsychoZ/IMGP0463.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/PsychoZ/IMGP0462.jpg

Phil Synhorst
05-19-2008, 07:57 PM
If it takes the simple and voratious Gill to regain the luxury of sleeping in the house again, then so be it!! :smirk:
Yes, it was begining to look like another outing that would only lead to frustration and disapointment. A beautiful evening at CP, perfect temp. and a nice little breeze. Fishing with two buddies that knew the water. It had all the makings for a good topwater LMB bite.
But alas, after only a few missed grabs and a whole lot of casting it looked like the curse was not going to be broken. And after having to listen to someone giggling like a little school girl at least every other cast, raking in Gill after Gill, that was it.
In the words of the immortal Popeye.."That's all I can stands, cause I can't stands no more". I had brought the 4wt along for the heck of it. So out it came along with a nice little green popper. And that was that, first cast, BINGO! As I now begin laughing at the little brute on the other end of the line; from a float tube not far away, there is the out loud echo of my silent thought...it's not in the boat yet. :lol: Finally after a mighty battle, a struggle of man vs. beast :^o, I manage to land the first fish of the year. I have been slimed finally, and now smell like fish, not #@$%ing skunk.
In hind site, I wonder if it was the camoflage shorts that enabled me to elude my hated companion "Stinky". :ninja:
R.I.P. Stinky

fishngy
05-19-2008, 08:39 PM
It had to be the shorts! Need to join you one evening a CP. Anyone going this weekend? Bill

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-19-2008, 10:18 PM
That's a nice way to fish.................small pram and electric motor and oars.