PDA

View Full Version : Today MAY 14th

Jay Murakoshi
05-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Another good day here in the baja. Lot's of different species caught by others. Like 50 lb pargo, 22 lb sea bass, rooster in the 20's and 30's.
Once again, I opted to dorado hunt. Got the bait and headed out to the "88" which is a long boat ride. Water was flat with a little wind swell but nothing that would make a person sick :mrgreen:

The first three buoys produced zilch. Then from the 4th buoy on, it was dorado at every buoy.
The size ranged from 5 lbs to 65 lbs. It wasn't until the 8th or 9th buoy until we hit paydirt.
The first bait went out and big dorado showed their colors. My first hook up was a 15lb bull.
Got the thing in as fast as I could. RELEASED IT !
On to the next buoy. We saw dorado before we got there. Two baits and the place came a live.
HOOK INTO a BIG BULL and 4 jumps later LDR. Then I hooked into another one as I was stripping in the line. The thing must of jumped 20 times. Got it to the boat and in the box it went. The photo shows the results 35lbs on a TiCr X 9 wt rod..

Took a break in between buoys. The next one produced the biggest of the day and the longest fight of the day. It was way into my backing 4 times. After 20 minutes we had it to the boat and into the box. It was 42lbs. This fish was also caught on the 9 wt. I think TFO is going to have a new rod 9' 1" TiCr X. The rod is definitely a work horse

Tried to take some photo's but my camera stopped working. Battery is OK. Maybe it got to hot or ?????? Gotta figure it out before tomorrow. It's showing ER

The rest of the trip, I'll be releasing all fish. The beach fishing is good for roosters, jacks, sierra's, big eye jacks and lady fish. I'm going to start walking the beaches on my day's off

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/jaysflies/Dorado2.jpg

Jay

PS How do you say "Close Up" - "no wide angle " in spanish

Jay Murakoshi
05-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Opps, forgot to mention - at one of the buoys we had at least 200 dorado from 5 lbs to 20 lbs.
I had them doing a circus act. I was throwing a bubble head popper and then decided to tease them. I was dapping the fly on the water and then would hold it off the water about a foot. They would come completely "airborne" to get the fly. Played with them for a little while and then headed back in.

Oh, attached is a photo of what happens when you throw your garbage overboard

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/jaysflies/Tortuga.jpg

This is the second one in two years that Ramon and I have freed from Mono. This one also picked up a piece of carpet

Scott V
05-15-2008, 06:53 AM
Thank you for saving the turtle, they are one of the most beautiful creatures on earth. And good job on the fish, I am definetly joining you next year out there.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Jay,

That photo of that Dorado really shows the beauty of the fish.....

jbird
05-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Jay

its no wonder theyre called dorado. It looks like a great big bar of gold!

PS How do you say "Close Up" - "no wide angle " in spanish?

"cierre - ningún ángulo ancho"

Sorry, Youll have to figure out the pronounciation

Jay