PDA

View Full Version : baja tequilla question

mems
05-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Aloha, I will be down in baja in a month with one of Jay's groups. My question is can you bring home good tequilla? I have a friend on another board who has me looking at all these fabulous tequillas, and I was wondering if I can bring any home on the plane with me? If not, then look for me at the Hotel La Concha and bring a lime and a chobia. I will be the one in the corner with the shitty grin on my face, Mems.

slage
05-08-2008, 09:42 AM
I just got back from Puerto Vallarta and we didn't have any problems. The bottles were in checked bags and we only had one a piece. Don't know what the limits are??

briansII
05-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Aloha, I will be down in baja in a month with one of Jay's groups. My question is can you bring home good tequilla? I have a friend on another board who has me looking at all these fabulous tequillas, and I was wondering if I can bring any home on the plane with me? If not, then look for me at the Hotel La Concha and bring a lime and a chobia. I will be the one in the corner with the shitty grin on my face, Mems.

You should be able to bring one bottle/1 litre back into the US, without paying a duty tax.. More bottles might get a tax tacked on to each bottle. You could always smuggle some across, by drinking it before hand. :wink:

briansII

Jay Murakoshi
05-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Mems,

I believe you can bring back one bottle. Most people buy it at the duty free store at the airport. I don't know the price difference.

Just got back in from fishing. Today the weather changed 180 degrees. No wind, flat water and eating fish.
Since we didn't have the wind, we ventured out to the bouys and found gold. or should I say lite up dorado. I stuck 6 dorado in the 12 to 25 lb range.
I was using my Loomis CC 8' 9wt and I was kinda putting the heat to the fish. I was also hoping not to break anymore rods. The inventory is getting slim. Also had shots at 2 marlin but they didn't really want a fly to eat. A lot of species were caught, skipjack (18lbs), roosters, big pargo (on fly), lady fish, sierra's, a variety of rock species.
Hopefully the winds will still be down tomorrow morning. Going to take a trip to the "88", which is around 24 miles from where we launch. Stories are that there are some bull dorado out there.

There are a lot of boats coming up from the east cape to get bait and fish the waters around the island. The bait is plentiful every where you go, if it's the beach, rocks or the island.

For you guys coming in the upcoming weeks, the fishing should be HOT.

Jay

mems
05-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Aloha Jay, glad you guys are having fun. Should I bring a big trolling rod I have a troium 30 and a trevella rod for the marlin? I was just going to bring a 14wt and hope for the best. I hope the TFO rods are holding up. I think the baby blue will be perfect for the mahi. Keep the reports rolling, see you in a month, Don.

Darian
05-08-2008, 04:03 PM
WOW!!!! Can't wait to get down there.... Mem's what dates are you gonna be down there. I'm going on May 31st.... It'd be cool to meet up and soak up some of that tequila.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

mems
05-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Aloha Darian, I will be there June 16th. Leave me some fish. I know you guys will give them all sore mouths. It will take a couple of weeks for them to recover. I am headed there with my 14 year old son on a father's day adventure. Wish us good luck, and I will post some pics when I get back. Darian, I know you will have a good time, it seems all the fish are early this year, so you should be there for prime time. When you get a mahi on yell, "Hanapaa!" That is Hawaiian for fish on. Have a great time, Don.

Darian
05-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Hey Don,.... Happy Fathers Day in advance. :D :D You and your son will have a great trip with Jay. He's really a good host and a very good salt water fly fisherman. I get a kick out of fishing with him; he gets more excited than I or my partner when either of us gets a good fish on. I'll make sure to yell "HANAPAA"!!! :lol: :lol: