PDA

View Full Version : Roads at Lake Davis?

FRSam
05-06-2008, 07:26 AM
My understanding is the road is open all the way around the lake at this point in time. Does anyone have any idea what condition the roads into the various west side points are in beyond Boat Camp Five?

Pete

FRSam
05-09-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm happy to report the roads at Lake Davis are clear and open. I drove into Jenkins Point and ran into one significant mud puddle otherwise it was clear sailing.

The fishing or should I say the catching on the other hand left a little to be desired. I fished from 10:00am to about 1:30pm without a bump, grab or even a snag. Still it was nice to get out on the lake. No bugs anywhere. The shore was lined with crayfish shells. I didn't see any pike remains of any kind. There were however a number of bullhead skulls throughout the area.

There were quite a few boats out on the water and I did see one troller take one fish just off shore from where I was fishing. The water level looked good considering the lack of rain we've had the past two months.

My primary reason for going was to get my twelve year old dog out to the lake one last time. She literally grew up on Lake Davis and we've shared some great times out there. She was given two weeks to live back in late September - I guess she'll go when she's good and ready. It was good to see her wade out and soak up some water.

I'm looking forward to seeing Lake Davis turn into the lake it once was with big fat rainbows literally running you off the reel. Time will tell...

Pete

FRSam
05-09-2008, 09:23 PM
The road in...
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/FeatherRiverSam/Roadreduced.jpg

Just a bit of mud...
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/FeatherRiverSam/MudPuddlereduced.jpg

Lake Level
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r6/FeatherRiverSam/LakeDavisreduced.jpg

Reno Flytyer
05-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Hey Pete...thanks for the update on Davis. Bettern' that though is the fact that Sammie is still with you! I know that rascal loved being out there one more time. Hope to see you soon.
Mike

FRSam
05-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Hey Mike...thanks for the kind words... I'll keep an eye out for that electric pontoon of yours and the bent rod. It should be a good year at Davis with plenty of fish and no water-skiers to dodge like you have at that other lake. :D I look forward to seeing Davis return to it's former days of glory.

Pete

Rick J
05-15-2008, 11:07 AM
I also hope Davis makes a comeback - no quesion there will be fish - just hope the blood midges and damsels did ok!!

I fish with my friend Don Rotsma who lives on the lake whenever I can. He has two dogs - one getting very old and pretty much blind. I hope she gets at least one more season of opportunity to step on my fly line and cause tangles :) Won't be the same without her!

FRSam
05-17-2008, 08:14 AM
My old girl, Sammie, has given me so much over the years there isn't much I wouldn't for her. I'd sure like to get her out on the lake at least more time in my whaler.

Those damsels & blood midges are pretty resilient - I think they'll be back in significant numbers. They certainly made a quick comeback after the 97' treatment.

Recent word has it the trollers have been doing pretty good but fish size is down. Today is the big celebration over at Coots Bay - I'm sure it'll be a zoo but once things settle down we can get back to some good fishing.

Pete