PDA

View Full Version : THERE IS NO PLAN TO POISON ROSACHI RANCH!!

bigtj
05-05-2008, 10:21 AM
I wanted to clarify there is no plan to poison the rosachi ranch section of the east walker (see other thread on this topic) I just got off the phone with Damian at fish and willdlife and his words were something like "that would never work", "there is no plan whatsoever to do that", "the goal is to improve fishing on the east walker".

This is all just an unfortunate misunderstanding. There may be some rotenone poisoning on Slinkard creek but not on the east walker.

If anyone has questions see the other thread for Damian's address and phone number.

Thanks,

-John

Dave Neal
05-05-2008, 10:42 AM
John-

Thanks for taking the time to call someone and get some real information...ahhhhh the internet.

Now I gotta go take some deep breaths and try and LOWER MY BLOOD PRESSURE.

Phil Synhorst
05-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Pardon my ignorance on the subject, is there a section of Slinkard that has Bows or Browns? I didn't get any of those...I'll have to leave it at that. I really hope they are not serious about poisoning up there. :mad: :mad:

Thanks for the info John, Damian will be getting calls from a few people soon I think.

Ed Wahl
05-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Relax Phil, they're referring to the stretch downstream of the fish barrier. Used to have Brookies but since the second big fire I don't think they've found any fish at all in the valley stretch down to the hwy. They've been kicking around the idea of increasing the Lahontan Cutthroat population another couple of miles. Unlike most of the rest of the drainage, this creek is still pretty pristine and quite capable of accomodating the native fish. Ed

roostersgt
05-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Ed,

Check your PM's.

Steve

Phil Synhorst
05-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Thank God it's not the stretch I was thinking of!!!!!!!!! :wink:

I should start learning more about why it is that they are so eager to do these poisonings, I understand restoring native fish. However we have both been witness to the destruction of a perfectly good fishery( :( ) to be replaced by natives that can't really sustain themselves in that particular body of water. :?