PDA

View Full Version : LMB

Jay Murakoshi
05-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Well, here in Baja the fishing is starting to happen or it's been happening for a while. We started out this morning working on the yellow tails. They were popping the surface just like the skippies - in 30' of water. The big ones have moved to another location but the smaller ones will keep you occupied. I got one around 10lbs. and lost a few others. Then it was on to find the rooster fish. Head south past Muertos to a location called "the alamo". There we found the school of small roosters that everyone has been talking about. I landed a few from 8 pounds up to 20lbs. Got tired of losing flies to sierra macks. They were all over the place. From there so we headed to the lighthouse and found the rooster on the beach in 12" of water....

Gotta run time to eat dinner :D :D

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
05-04-2008, 03:15 PM
OK,
Yeah, the roosters were in the shallowest part of the beachhead. A school of big roosters were feeding on what we were throwing and what was along the beach. My first cast went right into them on the second strip "FISH ON"

Clear the line - POW. The rod exploded at the first section. The female section broke clean. The only thing I can think happened was the sudden impact the rod took when the line got on to the reel. :(

Thank Gawd, I had a 20lb leader, we hand line the fish in, boga'd at 25lbs. Took a photo with the broken rod and now will be testing out the warranty when get home. The rod handles great. The previous fish were all teen'rs to low to mid 20's.

The water seems to be getting warm day by day. The yellow tails are not showing up like last week. But they are still around. The roosters are everywhere and so are the sierra's and the Jack Cravalles. If the water warms a few more degrees, I think will have the dorado for the rest of the groups coming down. Lot's of marlin and some sails also around the bouys

I'd send photo's but I brought the wrong cable for my camera to computer connection.

FISH ON !!!!

Jay

k.hanley
05-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Hey brudda. What does the "LMB" stand for in your topic title?

Glad to see the crowing is going on! Blown rod....nah....not you! 8)

How's the water conditions?
Cheers, K

Jay Murakoshi
05-04-2008, 07:01 PM
It stands for Sage LMB rod broken. I guess a medium size rooster has a little more power than a 5 lb bass. If you read the messages prior to this, a lot of fish was caught on the rod. Definitely able to handle some fish. It was that sudden impact that the rod didn't like

The fishing is getting better. Big schools of roosters, still a few yellow tail, the dorado have spread out. Huge schools of sierra Mac. Big jacks and little jacks.

I'll report more tomorrow afternoon. How was the perch bite

M

Big Jim
05-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Jay

I might have some unexpected time in the next four weeks or so..any availability?

whats your outfit called

Jim

Jay Murakoshi
05-05-2008, 03:34 AM
Jim,

The name of my company is Flies Unlimited but the travel portion of the company will be changing once I get home.
Sorry to say, that I'm completely book except for this coming week.

Send me an email and I can explain the trip

Jay