PDA

View Full Version : Smok'n reels and busted rods

Jay Murakoshi
05-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Darian, Jim, Guy, and whom ever,

I just talked to a bunch of guys who went to the south side today and some got smoked, some are taking there 1 piece conventional rods home in 6 sections, some had brain farts.
What it's boiling down to right now is it's a 180 difference from last year.
The dorado are already here, huge schools of roosters are at two locations and everyone who has been here for the past couple of days are so excited.
I can't wait for the groups to start arriving.

Make sure your warranties are good :D

Jay

Darian
05-01-2008, 08:22 PM
30 days and countin'. Can't wait to see what's happenin' on the 31st. All my gear is tested and ready.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Jay Murakoshi
05-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Darian,

How did you test your gear? Did you tie the line to the bumper on a VW?
Last night at dinner, this guy showed me a photo of a YT that looked like a 1967 VW. I hope these things are still here when you arrive at the end of the month. If not, I'm sure there'll be others to take there place.
I'm hearing conversation about the roosters. "There was this huge school with at least 300 in the schools" "It was like shooting roosters in a barrel"
"You would target a fish and another one would grab your bait"

Hey, this is getting me all worked up. I hope to post a lot of photo's in the future - if I can figure it out...

See ya in a month

Jay

FISHEYE
05-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Jay, I really want to get down there and try that with you. Maybe next summer. How are the Habers working out? Phil

Jay Murakoshi
05-03-2008, 03:21 PM
The glasses are working great. I need to pick up another pair. Cut's the glare big time.

I'll be posting a report here shortly.

Jay