PDA

View Full Version : Kienes Bass bug fest , May 3-4 . Who's going ?

David Lee
04-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Candida and I will be there Friday evening , leaving Saturday afternoon .

Please post here and let us know who will show on what days -

David :)

JerryInLodi
04-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Sturmer and I will be there on Friday,

Leo Guterres and I will be there on Saturday.

Dave4622
04-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Currently my reservations are for friday and saturday but work allowing I am trying to go down Thursday night. Not confirmed yet but I may have an open spot on the boat Friday evening or Saturday morning.
Dave

Phil Synhorst
04-26-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm planning on being there Friday late afternoon until Sunday late morning after the tide is out. (Hopefully) [-o< [-o< :D

Mike Churchill
04-26-2008, 08:16 PM
I'll be down from around dawn Saturday to sometime Sunday afternoon, staying over Saturday night.

I have an open seat in the boat each day if anyone needs a ride and wants to share a 12 footer with me.

Mike

fishngy
04-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Coming down for the day on Saturday. Bringing my little boat. Bill

Ed Wahl
04-26-2008, 11:03 PM
I'll be down either Friday night or early Saturday morning. Scott's going to put me up in his rv, "The Megolith". 8) Ed

Eugene Graham
04-27-2008, 07:53 PM
I will be there Saturday

Scott V
04-27-2008, 07:57 PM
I and the Megolith should be pulling into a spot by around 2:00. If you are out and about stop on by. It's real easy to spot, I have a lighted palm tree and bass lights will be hanging from the awning. Should be good times had by all.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Eugene Graham and I will be there from early till late on Saturday fishing from my 12' white fiberglass jon boat.

We have obligations on Sunday so no overnighting this year.

Weather looks perfect:

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USCA0089?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-27-2008, 10:34 PM
http://www.umpqua.com/images/PRODUCT/medium/85.jpg

The Umpqua 'Swimming Frog' is one of the most popular top water flies for LMB. It has a mono weed guard too. They come in size 2, 6 and 10 on TMC 8089 hooks.

We are using "Levitate" powder to help float these deer hair bugs.

This outing might have some Striper activity but it is mostly targeting top water LMB in May.

Most will probably be using a #6, 7 or 8 weight rod that is 8 to 9 foot long.

We recommend you over-line your fly rod 2 sizes with a full floating weight forward bass line or saltwater line.

You can use a butt section of 25-30# test and 6 feet of 20# test for a top water leader.

Most will be using a non-slip loop knot and pinching the barbs down on the flies. This way you can get the fly out of the bass without ruining it.

This info is not for the "commando" fly fishers, but it is more directed to people who are getting into this part of fly fishing.

We learned most of this from local Delta top water LMB guide Kevin Doran.

__________________________________________________ ______

The best fishing should be from early AM till noon and then again from 3pm till dark, according to KD and Jerry N.

Mrs.Finsallaround
04-28-2008, 11:00 AM
We'll be out there Saturday till late... plan on stopping by for the BBQ 12-3 8)

Jordan
04-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Looking for seat on a boat Friday AM &/or PM for sure and maybe one Sat. morning, till the lunch festivities.

Thanks,

Jordan

andanb
04-29-2008, 12:55 PM
I will be out there Friday evening, Sat am and pm... not sure about sunday. At this point I may have an open seat on my boat. (Still have to check with a friend who might come with me.) Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning a thing or two. I have a 17.5' bass tracker pro crappie or is that pro crapie??? Freudian...fraudian?

JerryInLodi
04-29-2008, 01:12 PM
I did a pre-fish on Monday from about 9:30 till 2pm when the wind blew me off the water. I didn't fish in the area of the tract since I want to save that water for Saturday.

Water temperatures were still low, down in the 62 degree range. The first two fish just came up and sucked at the feathers on my foam head diver. Small fish as well. Once into the afternoon I did bring two fish to the surface, both about two pounds.

I also fished subsurface with a big black woolly bugger with a red head and a Puglisi Peanut yellow over white baitfish pattern. Nothing on the bugger but six fish on the Puglisi, biggest about three pounds. I was using a type three sink tip with a short head. I think I would have done slightly better with a little quicker sinking head. I'll switch over and do some more prefishing this Thursday if the wind doesn't blow me off the water.

I don't expect the water to warm much since this week with the weather forcast. I'd recommend that you bring some underwater stuff along with the poppers, especially if the water doesn't warm any more.

Mrs.Finsallaround
04-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey Jordan!

Paul and I would love to have you out again Saturday, if you'd like to join us... 8)

andanb
04-30-2008, 11:17 AM
I will have an extra seat in my boat if anyone is interested.

Jordan
04-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Hey Robin,

Thanks, see you guys Sat. AM.

Anybody fishing out of Lundborgs on Friday AM or afternoon with an open seat?

Jordan

andanb
05-01-2008, 08:19 AM
I do have an extra seat on my boat. I plan on being there Friday afternoon 4-5pm and will stay Sat am and pm.

andanb
05-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Sorry guys big change in plans! I won't be able to make it this weekend.

JerryInLodi
05-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Tried to do some fishing this morning. The wind was absolutely ripping! Cast for about a half hour but my boat has so much freeboard that even snuggled up against a levee it was too much of a hassle.

Water temperature dropped to 59-60 degrees. Darn it!

Mrs.Finsallaround
05-01-2008, 11:59 AM
BETHEL
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 47. West southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 74. West wind between 5 and 11 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. West wind between 7 and 11 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77. West wind between 7 and 16 mph.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TERMINOUS

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 46. West northwest wind 6 to 13 mph becoming south southwest.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 75. Southwest wind between 6 and 13 mph.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. West southwest wind between 6 and 13 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. West northwest wind between 6 and 13 mph.

Source:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?site=mtr&smap=1&textField1=38.015&textField2=-121.63944

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?site=sto&smap=1&textField1=38.11333&textField2=-121.49444

JerryInLodi
05-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Anyone planning to be around Lundborg's tomorrow during the afternoon or is everyone on the water. Sturmer and I will stop by and say hellos and take a break for a drink if someone plans to take a mid day rest. Otherwise we'll just fish, fish, fish.

Scott V
05-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Hey Jerry I will be there around 2 or so. I will have the rv out there, just look for the lighted palm tree. You should also see me inflating my orange pontoon.

JerryInLodi
05-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Scott, if it's blowing tomorrow like it was blowing today you'd better dig a hole and plant that tree!

Man it was rippin' out there. Supposed to be better tomorrow. The water really cooled down in the wind though. I think it's a little warmer around Bethel Island than where I was.

Richard
05-01-2008, 09:57 PM
I'll be there some time Friday afternoon. Look for the smallest boat on the water that can still mount a motor. :D

I agree about the wind. I was out with KD on Tuesday and they were measuring the wind in miles per second. The waves on the open sections were attracting surfers. If it is anything like that I am staying in protected areas only.

I'll be there through Saturday afternoon wind or no wind.

Ed Wahl
05-02-2008, 05:16 AM
"I'll be there some time Friday afternoon. Look for the smallest boat on the water that can still mount a motor.

I don't know about that Richard, I might give you a run for that claim. I'll see you tomorrow................and your little boat too. Ed

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-02-2008, 08:31 PM
We are packed and ready for an early drive down tomorrow.

Scott and Ed will probably have them corralled before we get there.