PDA

View Full Version : ATTABOY BILL

Ed Wahl
04-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Great Expo again Bill. Got my flies from the swap :D :D Christmas in April! That name tag idea was a good one. Got to match faces with names on a rather large scale today. Had an excellent time bsing with everyone today. Got some more knowledge and a couple of new spots to try out. Kudos, Bill. Ed

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-19-2008, 08:43 PM
It was another great event............saw quite a few BB members.

Even in this economy we broke all previous records as far as sales good too?

Thanks to all who came..............that's what makes it work.

David Lee tied a lot of his sculpins and gave them all away.........what a sweety.

Blue Grass Bill was there playing blue grass music, live.

Life is good..................thanks.

Jay Murakoshi
04-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Hey Bill,

Great performance as usual. Great crowd and it looked like a few more exhibitors than in past years. Saw the faces with the name, met new people and talked with the returnees.
It took a while and 3 cups of coffee with triple shots to make it home. Now my stomach sounds like it percolating.

Thanks for inviting me to be a part of a great day

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-20-2008, 07:04 AM
Great Jay......thanks a bunch.

Looked like you and Ken had lots of action.

Fly fishing is alive and well.

Darian
04-20-2008, 08:16 AM
Lotsa fun talking to everyone. Spent some time with Jay and Ken talkin' about Saltwater stuff.... Watched Jay tie one of his Hairy Crankbait flies for a a youngster and successfully limited myself to one hot dog, Diet Pepsi after boring Greg Machel to death with some politics.... Sorry Greg :oops: :roll:

Met a new tier, Brent Dawson of WARPATH FLYS, who had some interesting patterns, some new and versions of oldies. 8) 8) Bob Scheidt looks different in person than in his avatar. Good guy. I forgot to thank him for his conservation efforts in the Lower half of California. :? :roll: "Softex John" had his usual and some new patterns showing innovative use of his product. That stuff could do anything. At the end of the day, watched Flyzilla (David Lee) holding court while tying flies and fending off good natured barbs from the audience. It was a good BS session. 8) 8)

Thanks again Bill and seeya at the shop. :D :D :D

k.hanley
04-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Well done Bill & Crew. Excellent camraderie. I'm glad to be a part of your community. This is one event I always get on my calendar early! =D>
Cheers, Ken

Bob Scheidt
04-20-2008, 09:59 AM
This event is the best. What a great opportunity for anyone new to the sport to come in for free and learn so much from so many.
Great to meet Scott, Ed, David and others. I've got to come up and fish with you guys.
Got to cast some new rods too.
Thanks to all the work and planning to the Kiene staff.
Another great expo, weather was perfect too.
Get the word out, anyone new to flyfishing should not miss this event.
One guy said I look different than my picture, in a handsome way? or different like Herman Munster? Of course Herman is handsome too.

Bob Scheidt

David Lee
04-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Hard to overstate how cool the Expo is ......

I didn't have a chance to see everything , I tyed from 8:30 'till close and only wandered out for a moment . Being a tyer on the same bill as Master Tyers Bob Scheidt , Jay , Ken , Leo , Lance and Lincoln Gray , Softex John ...... kind of the ultimate honor for me . To their credit , they all made me feel welcome .

Hangin' w/ MY BOYS (yes , you too , Robin) is just the BEST !!!! Some of the tales that came out of the BSing , you should have heard !! Getting to hear Bluegrass Bill play w/ Melvin was great !! The staff was perfect , as usual .

We should do this at least twice a year .

Thanks to the Kienes for the invite , and especially to Ken H. for the example of how to be/act in this business , and most of all everyone who took the time to come in and watch me tye .

David Lee :D :D :D :D :D

Darian
04-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Hi Bob,.... When I said you looked different in person than in your avatar, it wasn't meant as a negative. Your avatar doesn't show your "coloring" and your height, given it's size,. You are of a larger stature than I imagined. I guess avatar's aren't supposed to be overly accurate.... 8) 8) 8) It was good to get a chance to see and talk with and watch you tie a fly or two. :D :D :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Bob......you are mostly a big guy, kindy like a retired pro football player.

Glad your my friend.

slage
04-21-2008, 07:48 AM
Great expo everyone!
Thanks Bill, nice to speak for a second.
David, Darian, Ed, Phil, Joe, Scott, Bob, Chris and Ken, nice to finally meet you all face to face. Great day!
I was also lucky enough to win a Skagit cheater and adapters in the raffle. Now if I can just figure out what they do....I wish I had a test to take. :D
Those not fortunate enough to be there missed out on free flies from marathon-wrapper David. Thanks again for the 'dad.

We should hold a Shad fishout this summer, something??

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-21-2008, 09:51 AM
We should have a Shad outting after the Delta bass event on the weekend of May 3-4.

Bluegrass Bill
04-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey Bill and all,

To top off a great day at the expo, Joe Tax called me on my cell phone when I was driving home and told me I won a waterproof Sims bag during the drawing :D ! I dropped by the next day and picked it up, a very nice bag. I gave it to my wife as it looks like a perfect camera bag and I actually have a pretty good dry bag for my fishing . I definitely scored some points with that decision. She loved it :D !

Thanks David for the comments about enjoying the music Melvin and I provided. Sorry I didn't get there early enough for us to get over into the fly tying area and serenade you fellas a little. Next time!

Best Wishes to all!

Bill