PDA

View Full Version : East Cape guides

Scott V
04-18-2008, 11:01 AM
My friend is headed to the East Cape and is interested in a fly guide while he is there. Any information would be greatly appreciated. His last trip he hooked up with a fly guide that knew nothing about fly fishing, so I was looking to help him out with someone that knows what they are doing.

Darian
04-18-2008, 02:26 PM
There're several websites to try for info on the east Cape area (which is much larger than most people understand....):

www.fliesunlimited.com (our very own Jay Murakoshi's website) This one for the upper end of Easy Cape. Jay will or may be in La Paz for the spring, already.

www.bajafly.com (Gary Graham's website) This one for the main part of East Cape.

www.garybulla.com (Gry Bulla's website) This one is mainly for those who wish to fly fish out of a saltwater kayak on multiple trips to Cerralvo Island.

There're several in the Cabo area that will go to East Cape. Grant Hartmann is one (Can't recall the website name). Many possibilities. Probably helps if your friend knows that part of East Cape he/she'll be going to. Many of the local's do not cater to fly fisherman and want clients to fish for billfish. Still fun, tho.

It might help those trying to give info if you could provide more info about what your friend has in mind; surf fishing, gear or fly fishing, diving, etc. :) :)

Jay Murakoshi
04-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Grant's web site is www.bajafly.com

Where in the East Cape is he going? What place will he be staying at

Jay

Scott V
04-21-2008, 07:07 AM
He is staying at Playa de Sol.

Lucky
04-22-2008, 09:39 AM
http://www.thereelbaja.com/index.html

I fished with Jeff. good guide.