PDA

View Full Version : Our annual Kiene's Expo is April 19th, Saturday

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-11-2008, 09:26 AM
This is about our 20th annual Expo and the 10 day weather report says 73 degrees and sunny for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.........yahoo!

This should be another great day with lots of BSing, free hot dogs, sodas, etc. and great raffle and casting contest prizes.

Bring your family and friends too.

All the factory reps will be there talking about the new stuff for 2008.

Many great local fly clubs will be there.

Some local Nor Cal guides and Montana/Chili/Argentina outfitters will be there too.

We have a talented bunch of fly tiers who you can sit right with and ask question about how to tie some of their favorite patterns. Our own "BB commando" David Lee will be trying for us too.

Many come yearly to just see their old friends too.

It is kind of like having a baby, its lots of work until that day, then its just a ton of fun for all.

It is 9am till 5pm and we hope to see you there.

David Lee
04-11-2008, 05:13 PM
I will be in early for the setup .

If you read this , and are coming ..... STOP BY THE TABLE AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF !! I'll try to sort out some nametags so you can walk around w/ your boardname showin' . Every year people show up and are bent that they didn't have a chance to meet someone from the board that they wanted to meet .

I hope to be hoarse from BSing with y'all , so come in and shoot the breeze for a bit :idea: :idea: :idea:

David :D :D :D

P.S. - I will be tying my Cranky Sculpin . If you want to see a different fly , let me know please .

k.hanley
04-11-2008, 05:46 PM
There's an expo at Kiene's shop? :wink:

I think I've been to almost all of them Bill. Missed a couple over the years though. It is home week. Always great camraderie. See you soon!
Cheers, Ken

Garrett S
04-11-2008, 08:00 PM
one thing for sure is the Guppy will be there 8)

Nip Hadlock
04-12-2008, 08:38 AM
Hey David,
Last year we talked about the name tag thing...maybe we need a little registration table for Board'ers to check in? Guys could even "pre-register" here on the board and we could have the name tags ready... I'd be happy to man it for a spell...8)
Nip

David Lee
04-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Great idea , Nip !! I'll hold you to that , since I'll be chatterin' away for most of the Expo .

Have you been gettin' out ?

David :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Name tags for the BB people would be great.

BigBuddha
04-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Nametags for the BB's would be great. I have a friend coming in from Hollister to attend his first Kiene's event. I believe his is a BB'er to.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Our Expo is this Saturday at the shop.

David Lee will be in the fly tying theater with name tags. Be sure to find him and get one on right away.

Everyone with a name tag will be a BB person only.

Maybe put your handle/user name: Example "Hair Stacker" or "Big Buddha" or "Oregon Salmon" or "Guppy" or "ScottV".

Otherwise they won't know you.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-18-2008, 09:29 AM
We have around $5000 in prizes donated by the manufacturers, fly tiers and guides.

Everyone who comes get a raffle ticket for a big drawing at 3pm.

People get a ticket for every $50 they spend on Saturday to put towards special prizes like $700 plus fly rods.

Then we have prizes for the casting contest 1:30-2:30 that anyone can enter.

Men's = 3 prizes

Women's= 3 prizes

Youngsters = 3 prizes

There are lots of prizes!

We have free hot dogs, sodas, water.....

This is a fun day that has become a tradition for many.

Mrs.Finsallaround
04-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Guys could even "pre-register" here on the board and we could have the name tags ready
Nip

This "GIRL" will be there with hubby in tow! :wink: 8)

David Lee
04-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Guys could even "pre-register" here on the board and we could have the name tags ready
Nip

This "GIRL" will be there with hubby in tow! :wink: 8)

You'll always be 'one of the guys' to us !! :P

Seeya tomorrow !!!!

David :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-18-2008, 08:59 PM
There just cheap stick on paper name tags that we fill out ourselves.......

Should be fun to see what people look like.

I am actually very tall, dark, young, handsom...........oh well, I am a BSer too.

Nip Hadlock
04-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Oooops...sorry Mrs. Fins... :oops:

Ed Wahl
04-18-2008, 10:18 PM
I'll show up around noonish. I'm the one that looks like Brad Pitt, when he did the movie Troy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you're gonna lie, lie big. :D Ed

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Thanks to everyone who attended and made it another great day for Kiene's Fly Shop.

Nip Hadlock
04-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Bill,
It was a fun day of fly fishing products, demo's, dogs and B.S. :wink:
Very cool to meet more of the "Board Members"...from Mayor Darian to the legendary Guppy! 8)
The name tags seemed to help a bit.
Thanks for a great day.

Garrett S
04-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Bill,
It was a fun day of fly fishing products, demo's, dogs and B.S. :wink:
Very cool to meet more of the "Board Members"...from Mayor Darian to the legendary Guppy! 8)
The name tags seemed to help a bit.
Thanks for a great day.

I have a question since when am i legendary :)