PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up!

MSP
04-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Any of you guys thinking about hitting Cache Creek, keep you eyes open for rattlers. Took Dog Boy out for a run today and ran into a 4 1/2 footer. Luckily I saw the serpant before Dog Boy. It's that time of year, keep your eyes open! :shock:

Man I hate snakes! :eek:

ryeflyguy
04-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Was that near where you live? Took our dogs down there Tuesday evening and didn't see any.

Thanks for the warning!

MSP
04-10-2008, 07:48 AM
ryeflyguy

Yea, it was right behind my house on the dirt road across the irrigation ditch. I also saw another on a trail closer to the river, I'm not sure if it was a rattler though.

That must have been you walking out there with the rod case and vest on. Did you happen upon any Smallies? I was going chat with you on you return but you slipped by somehow. I always talk to the fishers if I see them. There hasn't been too many fishing yet this spring.

David Lee
04-10-2008, 08:43 AM
The whole area is lousy with Rattlers .

At times .... it looks like a writhing bowl of Brown pasta - avoid Cache at all costs !!!!!! Also Lions/Yellowjackets/Bigfoots(Bigfeet?)/hard , death-march hiking/Ticks/'Skeeters/no good access/oven-like heat/Rednecks on ATV's that will run you down ........ just stay home , or go fish at Putah .

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED , DON'T SAY I DIDN'T TELL YOU :twisted: :shock: [-X :crybaby:

David , who truely cares for your safety :nod:

ryeflyguy
04-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Mike,

No fish, it was more an opportunity to get one of my wife's nephews introduced to flycasting.

David,

Thanks for all the concern :shock: I don't know how we survived... luck I guess... :lol:

Hairstacker
04-10-2008, 12:06 PM
In all my years of bushwacking through rattler territories, including Texas, I have yet to run into one of these beasts. Actually kind of disappointed about it. Sounds like Cache would be a good spot to see one finally. :D