PDA

View Full Version : I have been reformed!!!!

Scott V
04-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Last night went out to my usual area looking for steelies. And I made myself swing and not nymph. All I can say is that I am now a swinger, what a feeling when that beautiful fish hits the fly on the swing. I had 2 on the line and brought one to the net. A nice 21" wild steelie and she was a beauty. So to all those that told me to beocme a swinger, thank you, now I just have to let the wife know that I am a swinger for life. My first swinger was a wild one and I will never forget her.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-02-2008, 08:24 AM
"Great Scott"

I have only indicator fished for Steelhead when I was with a guide a few times in a drift boat so I could actually learn more about that part of the sport. At times it is really deadly but I always prefer to swing for Steelhead even if I don't catch anything.

That is so cool....."you are the man".

mike N
04-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Wait until you only dead drift dryes to them. :wink:

MN

1morecast
04-02-2008, 08:13 PM
My innocence was taken on the banks of the Grand Rhonde, and I 've never been the same since. Everybody was swinging so I joined in. Oh what bliss.

Charlie Gonzales
04-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Wait til you get a fish on the swing up on the Yuba. In fact shootme a pm I have been itching to get back up there.

ryeflyguy
04-03-2008, 12:22 PM
No kidding Charlie... one time I was swinging some soft hackle wet flies when a lot of mayflies and caddis were eemrging on the Yuba, and the action was incredible... had some tippet knots popped on the take as well... talk about an adrenaline rush!

Mik
04-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Hey Scott. Do you use a sinking line out there? I wonder if I can still be effective using the streamer with my floating line.

Scott V
04-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Hey Scott. Do you use a sinking line out there? I wonder if I can still be effective using the streamer with my floating line.

Floating line with a 8-9' leader.

Mik
04-08-2008, 09:17 AM
that sounds easy enough.