PDA

View Full Version : Delta Trip on Friday

Rodney D.
03-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Scott, Mrs. Fins, Mike, et. all. I am heading out Friday to fish a privat Delta pond and see if they are ready for the excursion we have talked about. I'll give a report this weekend to let you know the results...the good news is my friend is bringing his camera so hopefully I will have some pictures to post. Based on some of the other reports I have read, the fish should be in the shallows.

Mrs.Finsallaround
03-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Yes, PLEASE let us know how you do. My husband and I are leading a delta fish-out next Monday, and we are having a tough time finding them. We'll be out this weekend too.

Rodney D.
03-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Hey Mrs. Fins,
Where have you been fishing and where are you going? The good thing about the pond is that it's fairly shallow and usually warms up faster than the rest of the Delta.

Scott V
03-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Have fun at the private pond, I get to go to Arizona this weekend to visit the in-laws. Once again I get to fly to Phoenix but do not get to golf on one of those excellent courses over there, nor do I get to go fishing with a few of their neighbors that they informed me are fly fishermen. Hopefully I will at least get to meet them and talk, I have already told my inlaws and my wife that next time we go to visit her parent's I am going golfing and fishing. :lol: We'll see if that happens.

Rodney D.
03-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Hey Scott, If you were flying American Airlines, maybe they will cancel your fllight because of "wiring problems". :)

Mrs.Finsallaround
03-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey Rodney, we've been trying the northwest delta primarily, Hog/Sycamore sloughs, White/potato/little potato sloughs, Bishop/Honker Cut, Disappointment .... We're launching out of Paradise Point, so that those with smaller crafts can still have some good fishing, IF we can find them... LOL

Jay Murakoshi
03-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Hey Scott,

I UPS your fish finder on Friday

Jay

Scott V
03-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey Scott,

I UPS your fish finder on Friday

Jay

Thank you sir.

Rodney D.
03-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Fished the pond today and it was pretty slow for me anyway... I caught 4, all on clouser minnows and my buddy caught 9 on swim baits and spinnerbaits on conventional tackle...at least I held off the temptation to use conventional tackle...that and the fact I didn't bring any. Water was 62 and murky and the fish were at least 4 feet down. Good size as most fish were around 2 lbs. Nothing on top. Hopefully I can figure out how to post some pictures. The weather was a little cold and real windy...thank goodness for that Sage Largemouth Rod, it cast well into the wind. Go get em'.