PDA

View Full Version : The boys done a GRAND job.....

lee s.
03-23-2008, 12:25 AM
......presenting warmwater at Outdoor Pro. 8)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/russianriverflyfishers/message/4294

kokaneejr
03-23-2008, 08:03 AM
Thanks Lee for posting this. I was able to attend for only a short time as life got in the way. I lost a beloved cat yesterday "Kokanee" who was a lot more than a cat to our family. But the distraction of meeting Ken, Jay and Steve and learning from some of the masters was fantastic. What a great bunch of guys. Thanks again Bass-N-Fly....Craig.

k.hanley
03-23-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks Lee. Alaways a "hoot" to laugh with you!

Craig soory to hear about Kokanee. It was a real pleasure spending time with you.

A heartfelt thanks to all the folks that stopped by.
Cheers, Ken

KD
03-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys for joining us for some Bass chat!

Lee, i didn't tell Jay that the CB diver ended up on your hat!:-)

Craig, that is an honor that you found time to come by the expo given your loss of a family loved one. It is certainly painful to lose a beloved pet. We never met(i don't think?) but i appreciate your interest in coming by.

Thanks go out to everyone that attended and made the event a success!

KD

Jay Murakoshi
03-23-2008, 10:33 PM
I had a great time on Saturday. First time I've been on the other side of the bay in many years. I think the last time was in 81' which was my last time fishing the Northern Cal Rivers (Smith, Eel, Noyo, etc)
The drive up was a nightmare with the bay area traffic but going home was a breeze. The only slow section was Hwy 12 but I did get to see a guy haul in a bass from atop the bridge. 5 hours to drive north and 4 hours 5 mins from the shop to my driveway. Locked in at 78mph to 85mph and no CHP.

Enjoyed meeting Ken, Tom and the rest of the gang. Dang, I wasn't planning on buying any thing but I ended up with the Buddy 4200 and some tying material (like white glow bug egg yarn). Yeah, I really needed it, I just found 24 bags in my drawer. Great for the dough ball flies :shock:

KD....took the truck to day to have it washed. The ants were loving the bed of the pickup. I'm surprised they didn't get blown out on the freeway

Once again thanks for the great day

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-24-2008, 07:05 AM
Try to get out in the warmer months with Captain Kevin Doran to see that Delta top water LMB action in person.

May is KD's favorite month for top water LMB in the Delta but it can be good any time it is warm, April through October.

It is some of the finest fly fishing we have in California.