PDA

View Full Version : Lower Americna River and more

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-19-2008, 08:09 AM
I heard there were lots of fresh spring-run Steelhead in the river now.

I would fish from Sailor Bar downstream to Rosemoore Bar now.

I am sure most valley rivers and streams are good for resident trout and small spring Steelhead.

Just get out there.

590Mike
03-22-2008, 08:35 PM
I finished mowing the lawn and made it over to Sailor bar around 2:00 had the place to myself. No hatch but saw quite a few rises went with an emerger and a olive birds nest. Lost the first two fish. Next fish 12"er to hand bright and rock solid. Couldn't see what they were taking but lots of splashy rises and lots of refusals. Changed to foxs' pupa... jack pot next fish 22" jumped like crazy brought to hand. LdRed 2 more and even more refusals. switched to gold ribbed h/e and landed a beautiful 18" fatso with great color. All those in about 2 1/2 hrs.
I couldn't figure out just what the rest were taking but I would like to find out.

roostersgt
03-22-2008, 10:30 PM
You try any dries? Small EHC might do the trick.

Steve

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-23-2008, 07:53 AM
When ever we have no flooding in the spring time we have good fishing on many valley streams/rivers for smaller Steelhead and resident trout.

Afternoons can be very good.

590Mike
03-23-2008, 09:25 AM
Yea I was using a dropper under something in or on the surface. I used several different caddis patterns and emerger patterns. I've seen this before just usually later in the season/day. I should go seine one of these times and find out whats really going on. I just have to take one of the window screens off and head down to the river.