PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Bass-N- Fly

kokaneejr
03-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Ken, Jay ,

Any information on what you guys are doing here in the north bay on Saturday. I am looking forward to meeting you guys and seeing some of your new creations. I don't get up to Sacramento to much these days as the gas is keeping me closer to home. I haven't seen an itinerary yet so just wondering what's up. I have to work weekends so I am trying to figure out what time to let my boss know I am coming in or if that cold I have been getting is finally here :D . Thanks....Craig.

Jay Murakoshi
03-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Craig,

I'll be tying up some of my floating minnow patterns, especially in the fire tiger color and hopefully a couple CB divers. The CB's have been doing pretty good at my local lake, especially in the evenings. I'll be going out tonight trying to hit the bass again. The top water hasn't taken off yet. Maybe our 70 degree weather will bring them into the transition zone. I know the carp are in the shallows now

Hope to see you on Saturday

Jay

k.hanley
03-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Say hey Craig,
I'll keep an eye peeled for you. Good to hear you will be stopping by. :P

I'll be tying my dragonflies and other "small foods" for bass. I'll also be doing a talk on fishing natural lakes & small waters. There will be other talks on fishing the Delta and International waters as well. Casting demos and opps all day long. Lots of fun for sure! Thanks for the interest in our event.
Cheers, Ken

kokaneejr
03-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks guys that helps. I will definately be there and I will say hi. Looking forward to seeing some of the patterns you guys will be tying. I started fly fishing for bass last year and want to become better at it.

Spent last year learning bass and learning from Mark Won in the surf. Freshwater is a little easier as you don't suffer the phsyical punishment from all those sneaky waves. :)

I definately need to learn about nymphing techniques to get better.

Thanks again. Craig

p.s. Now all I have to figure out is which of Ken's books to bring for him to sign. Obvious is the Bass one but that is the one that is impossible to find these days. Plus I have all the others....hmmm.