PDA

View Full Version : Delta FLW tournament results, for those interested

Scott V
03-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Thought people would like to know the weights out at the 4 day event over this last weekend on the delta. First place was 106 lb. 11 oz. for 20 fish. That is a about a 5.25 lb. average fish. 10th place had 71 lb. 2 oz. for 20 fish. So these numbers tell me the lmb fishing is good on the delta if you know how, when, and where to fish. They are fishing a pre-spawn pattern which means alot of fish in shallow water, the majority of the fish were caught on a rattling jigs and crank baits. So this to me means they are on an aggresive bite. Big fish over the event was 13 lb. 11 oz. and they reported alot of fishing coming in that were over 8 lb.

Just an fyi for those interested.

Mrs.Finsallaround
03-17-2008, 04:38 PM
This will be really good for a "fish-out" I'm leading for my fly-fishing club... 8) I had my eye on this tournament each day, checking to see how deep they were catchin the big ones...

A group of GBF are going Monday, March 31st out of Paradise Point. Although, Paul and I will most likely be out this Saturday and next... :D

Jay Murakoshi
03-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Hey Scott,

Thanks for the information about the FLW... I was up practicing tonight for a couple hours before dark and locking the gate. The lake I'm fishing is coming up rapidly. Some bass have moved up into the shallows along with the carp
But tonight was the bass game. I wish it was top water but I was fishing and trying out some new designs on my CB divers. I'm using some of the new RIO shooting heads and backing it with 30lb clear amnesia. Letting them sink about 5' to 7' then ripping the CB's back with a double hand retrieve.
I nailed four small bass and had alot of follows to the boat.
I also had a couple bass guys troll over to me and was talking for quite a while. They couldn't believe I was on the lake in my 8' pram. Hell, I was only 40 yds off the ramp, what until I go a few miles down the shoreline or towards the dam. They were also curious about my funny style of Crank Baits. "I'd never seen anything like those before". Could I try one.... Well, you'll have to put some weight on it to cast it. He rigged it up Carolina style with a 3' leader section and a 1/2 ounce sliding sinker.
He actually caught a couple bass down deep. Then we had to get of the lake, the rangers were in the parking lot checking out everyone who was still on the lake. So I know CB's work, just waiting to watch the Bass hit the floating fire tiger minnows.

Time to tie some flies

Jay

Scott V
03-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Good to hear your CB works, and I myself can not wait for that top water slam. I am going to give Cameron Park a try tonight, I think they will be on the fly bite finally. I am gettting a little tired of catching them with rubber worms. I'll see you this Saturday, I can not wait to see your Zara Spook type fly.