PDA

View Full Version : Mather Lake

gene goss
03-11-2008, 04:40 PM
I fished Mather Lake today 10am-1pm, with the temp. at 61 degrees I didn't see any bass or bluegills. This lake sure looks good for bluegill, and bass poping. This is the first year that I taken the time to fish it I know this lake gets a lot of fishing pressure. Does anyone know anything about this lake. ](*,)

Dave4622
03-11-2008, 04:56 PM
I fished it a lot for the last few years and yes there are some nice Bass, crappie, and blue gill in there. It gets a bit of pressure being so close in town but any float tube or pontoon helps. If you are floating and work the edges in the spring or summer it can get good. Lots of growth in the water and some deep holes will hold nice crappie.
hope this helps, Dave

David Lee
03-12-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm headed out the door right now - I'll post my report when I get back .

David :D

Scott V
03-12-2008, 10:06 AM
My first trip to Mather last year was fun, I got a bass, bluegill, and crappie all on the same clouser. When I fished it, it was during the summer in the late evening. But hopefully Dave will come back with good news.

David Lee
03-12-2008, 04:45 PM
No good news here ......

Blanked at Mather , then .... blanked at Cameron Park . Mather was cool , w/ lots of weeds and about 2 1/2 feet vis. . C.P. was clear and pretty warm (still down over 3 feet and choked w/ weeds ....) .

I'm ready to sell my stuff on Ebay - screw fishing :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

David :P

Phil Synhorst
03-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Gene, don't feel bad. I live real close to Mather so I've been trying to get something going for a few weeks now. Don't know how much longer the wife will let me sleep in the house with this skunk smell on me. :shock:

Scott V
03-12-2008, 07:33 PM
I was at Cameron Park tonight til 7 and got around 15 to 20, but I was using my go to worm on a spinning reel. It is still to early for the fly, but hopefully in 2 or so weeks it will pick up.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Cameron Park is 'catch and release' so that might be a plus.

David Lee
03-12-2008, 09:38 PM
It is still to early for the fly, but hopefully in 2 or so weeks it will pick up.

I was into 'em the first week of Feb. last year .

That doesn't count for much now , though .......

David

lee s.
03-13-2008, 08:59 AM
David,
We captured ONE topwater LM here on Feb 10.....after a full week of warm weather. Nada since, but have not tried yet either. :wink:
That said, when we do go on forays to our local ponds in early spring, we consistently find somewhat late afternoon to be most productive. Maybe the water has had time to warm a bit.....?
If I can get off my "lazy butt" I'll post some pics of steelheads observed locally in the last couple days. JUST observed.... :wink: :lol:
.....lee s.

roostersgt
03-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Mather still has lots of stocked trout. Just planted a couple of days ago.

Scott V
03-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Mather still has lots of stocked trout. Just planted a couple of days ago.

I just may have to head out there tomorrow morning to give them a try