PDA

View Full Version : Flies for next Saturday

Jay Murakoshi
03-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Here's a coupe quick photo's of two patterns that I will tie next Saturday. The first one is a Fire Tiger Minnow... It floats and zig zags across the surface when stripped. It dives a couple of inches due to the short bill

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/jaysflies/DSC_3001.jpg

Next photo is the Zara Spook. As you can see, it's massive and has alot of weight. There are 24 wraps of 4 amp lead at the bend and wraps at the rear of the fly under the hair.

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
03-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Don't know what happened but here's the second photo.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/jaysflies/DSC_3011.jpg

As you can see, it's massive and carries a lot of weight. I have 24 wraps of 4 amp lead at the bend and around 10 under the hair in the rear portion of the body. When retrieved correctly, you can walk the dog, just like it's big brother.
I caught a trout yesterday while practicing casting this monster.... I think the trout was committing suicide.

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
03-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Just informed Bill that I have to cancel the tying day. I have a family matter that came up

I'll do them at the Kiene Fly Fair in April.... Just in time for beginning of the top water bite.

Jay

Scott V
03-10-2008, 07:28 AM
I changed my whole weekend for you, but I hope everything turns out good on your end. All I ask is for one of your Zara Spooks, which is one of my top 2 top water baits. :lol:

Jay Murakoshi
03-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Scott,

I'll be doing the flies at Kiene's Fly Fair in April. I fished the Zara Spook and the Fire Tiger Floating Minnow. Today, I hooked up on huge thing...ME :(
Buried the 6/0 into the back of my leg. Lazy casting

The FT looked pretty good in the water but no interest... The conditions weren't the greatest. The water was glassy all day, temperature was 58 degrees and it looked like a White Chocolate Mocca minus the whip.

The few fish I caught was a long the rock wall and the shoal line. This was at the O'Neill forebay

Jay