PDA

View Full Version : New shallow water outboard motor.............

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-08-2008, 12:15 AM
The new Mud Buddy 'Hyper Drive'..........

www.mudbuddy.com

Check out all the video clips on their web site.

http://www.mudbuddy.com/Mini-Side-Trans-300.gif

I talked with Clint today at Mud Buddy. I learned a lot from him.

I think we need to buy some of these motors for our Jon boats to get back into those remote places.

JerryInLodi
03-12-2008, 06:39 AM
Bill, I've seen some of the duck hunters with motors similar to this. They can definitely pull deep into the tules without fear of damaging their lower units. Kind of butt ugly though and I sure hope that hot fish doesn't decide to run across the back of the boat!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Hi Jerry

Look at the videos on the smaller models.

They have a 23 hp Vanguard that is 160# and will go nicely on a 14' Jon boat for small water with two anglers.

OceanSunfish
03-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Many duck hunters in the NE part of CA use "jack plates" or "lift plates" that they or a "local" in particular developed that allows the pilot to raise and lower the outboard. Tule Lake is one particular location that required the advent of such a lift mechanism.

I saw one first hand while up in Red Bluff a few years ago and the owner was very sensitive about me getting a very close look at the 'works'. Not sure why other than he might of thought I was going to 'copy' it and market it somewhere else?

Bottom line, the lift mechanisms on the NE duck hunter's jon boats are very cool.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Up north they use "jack lifts" on Jon boats with propeller outboards and even some with tunnel hulls for running very shallow.

I think these Mud Buddy motors are far better.