PDA

View Full Version : New Hope Landing and Smallmouth

Bob Young
03-05-2008, 10:37 PM
I seem to recollect a posting touting the smallmouth bass fishing in the upper Moklumne. Is New Hope Landing a good jumping off spot for this and is the water clearing in this streach? Wouldn't mind a striper or two as well. Thanks, Bob

JerryInLodi
03-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Bob, even though I live in Lodi I don't get up beyond New Hope Landing much. I've heard that the upper reaches of the Mok below Woodbridge Dam do hold some smallmouth as well as spring spawn stripers and even a shad run.

The water is just too skinny for my boat.

Right now, a little further down river, visibility is about 18 inches.

Rodney D.
03-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Bob, if you head south from New Hope Landing there is some decent smallmouth fishing. I'm not sure what kind of boat you have but if you head up past the Mok/Cosumnes split staying on the Mok side, it gets better. It's a little bit of a haul from New Hope and the channel gets pretty narrow with stronger current and lots of brush so be careful. I have had the best success fishing the rocks. There also are alot of spots up in that area also. Go get em.

Bob Young
03-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Thanks all. Based on your comments, I think I'll launch out of B&W and go north from there when the water clears a bit.