PDA

View Full Version : Delta Sunday

Mike Churchill
03-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Well, Bill (fishngy) decided the wind this morning was too strong to be worth the drive to the Delta. I agreed with him.

But, I had a new fishfinder and some new 8 wts. to try, so I drove down to Wimpy's early in the afternoon and put in a couple of hours on the Moke and adjacent sloughs.

Wind was still 15-20+, but there were relatively calm spots. Water was 53 to 56 degrees where I was. Saw what looked like a couple of fish on the screen, but had no action at all.

I talked to a couple of gear guys who pulled up to the dock as I was about to leave. They had landed 4 stripers on a 6-inch white swimbait with the biggest going 15 lbs. Interestingly, they said they got them in 52 degree water.

The good news is that it was a beautiful day and I was able to throw a 2/0 Clouser over 60 feet into the wind with my new TFO 8-wt and Rio Outbound T-11 head cut to 29 feet (thank you Andy).

Mike

fishngy
03-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Glad you had the opportunity to get out. I played around with my boat in the safety of the garage until I had to go into work. We will have to try it soon! Flying home a homesick kid next week, maybe the weekend of 15th? Bill