03-01-2008, 11:27 AM
I am looking for back issues.
all of the years 2005, 2006 and 2007
email me at dryflyonly@hotmail.com
I only want full issues without missing pages

Thanks Dwayne

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Did you check with Richard Anderson at 'Cal Fly Fisher' magazine?

Darian
03-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Once a year, there's a listing of articles from/and back issues in an index form. So, you should be able to get what you want from Anderson.

I'm not sure I'd give up my back issues.... To much good info in 'em. 8) 8)

Jay Murakoshi
03-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Ahhhh, ya should of posted 2 weeks ago. I just recycled all of my issues from the the first issue until the mid 2007.

Sorry

Jay

k.hanley
03-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Say hey Dwayne,
Since we started the magazine without much money and publishing skills it has been a great journey. Thankfully the public enjoys what we created.

Each issue is printed from a "paper plate." We don't use metal plates on the press. Couldn't afford them plus the paper gets recycled. What that means is the master is destroyed right after the printing is complete. We can't print more even if we wanted to. I'm sorry to say that even Richard doesn't have more than one complete set of the entire history of the mag. Shoot him an email and see what issues you can get from him (his remaining stock varies with month/year).

I wish you the best in your hunt for back issues. Perhaps you can try Ebay or some book collector's sites as well?
Cheers, Ken

dryflyonly1
03-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the information about the magazine. I used to subscribe but ended up not fishing for the last 4 years. I'm getting back into fishing and wanted catch up on information I may have missed. Funny thing is I was just talking about you the other day, Mr. K. Hanley, to a coworker about a surf fishing and bay fishing classes I took from you many years back. Right now awaiting a response from someone who sent me an email about checking his back issues.

Thanks
Dwayne

k.hanley
03-07-2008, 08:58 AM
"Mr."... did someone else just walk in the room behind me?

Good to hear you are back flinging flies Dwayne. I know you'll find some back issues from varied resources. Have you tried any local fly clubs? Sometimes they have back copies on file.
Cheers, Ken

dryflyonly1
03-18-2008, 08:17 PM
I am still looking for the 2005 thru 2007 issues. Hoping someone wants to clear out some shelf space. :)

Thanks
Dwayne