PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Today

Jay Murakoshi
02-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Went fishing again. Let's see that's like 4 days in a row... :D
Gotta rub it in - great to be retired. Yep, spring is today and summer is just around the corner

Dang, it's great to wear shorts and a cutoff t-shirt again. Back to the subject of fishing. I fished Millerton Lake from noon until dark (or just before they close the gate). I was carp hunting most of the day but only found a few although not willing to eat my dough ball fly. Took a lunch break and then hit the water around 3pm and was fishing around the marina.
I decide to try out the new floating minnow series just to see the action I got on the fly. While standing on the floating dock, I noticed some top water disturbance, so the fish thing that popped in my mind was CARP, ran back to the car and got the carp rig and upon my return I noticed they weren't swimming like carp -Largemouth, so I thought so back to the car for the floating minnow rig.
Made about a dozen cast and had some dude watching me from his boat while he waited for his partner to get the trailer. Whatcha fish'n for with that fly pole. Any thing that swims, was my answer. Just then a big top water explosion to the fly, FISH ON...... Three strips later I had my first Millerton striper. Although it was only 14" it was still a Millerton striper.

I got that guy so excited that he told his buddy to go park the car because that guy just caught a striper on that fly pole. I was soon joined by him and 4 other bass guys who were also waiting to load there boat.

So much for fishing.... went to another area to look for carp...too much wind. I'll be back up there after I return from the Pasadena show. Most likely with the pram

That's my story

Jay

David Lee
02-29-2008, 12:01 AM
You actually OWN long pants and shirts with sleeves :shock: ?!?

My image of you is shattered :P

David :)

P.S. Llama arrived , thanks !! I'll have a few bugs for ya soon .....